July 4th - the United States Declaration of Independence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

di reston

Sous Chef
Wishing you a wonderful day in commeroration of a truly awsome occasion.
I have, on my study wall, a parchment copy of your Declaration of Independence, and I never get tired of it. Yours is a great nation - have a great day tomorrow.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

All my best for a healthy, wonderful July 4th ..

Thank you for posting Di Reston ..

Last edited:
Thank you, di! My daughter and SIL will be taking the grandson out to see the fireworks tomorrow night, I'll be happy to stay home and get pics of the festivities. :) I might do a little grillin' tomorrow afternoon.

I'm going to the top of the cemetery hill and watch the fireworks tomorrow evening. So far this year has been a bust. The VFW didn't do their fireworks on Memorial Day and the new show they're doing off the Manette bridge was on the 1st - I thought it was on the 3rd so I missed it.

They shot off a bunch of fireworks from the bridge Saturday night at 10:30 when I was getting ready for bed. I'm about a block and a half away and you should have heard those things echo and reverberate along the city streets. Car alarms were going off like crazy. I stayed in and listened to them, but by the time I would have gotten dressed and walked down there, they would have been over with.

So tomorrow is my third and last chance to see fireworks this year. And next year I hope to be camping on my own land, so I wouldn't drive in so far on a holiday. Way too many idjits on the road.

In California, they don't know how to drive safely. But here where I live, they don't know how to drive period!

Happy Independence Day everyone.

A supermarket chain in the UK is using it as a reason to advertise lots of barbecuing stuff on TV.

A bit like your supermarkets trying to sell you Coronation Chicken (don't ask) for our Queen's official birthday!!!!

Happy 4th of July everyone in the US! Stay safe and please let the professionals do the fireworks - I hear too many stories about people getting hurt from trying to do them themselves. Mom and I had our requisite rib eye steak and baked potato for breakfast so we don't have the house at 100+ degrees in the middle of the day. We're staying in tonight and I'm taping the two big fireworks specials that are on TV for her.

There will be a reading of the Declaration of Independence today from the balcony of the Old State House. And reenactments of what led up to the Document being written in the first place. The Boston Massacre, The Boston Tea Party, etc. Then tonight will be the concert on the Esplanade with fireworks following. We usually go down to the waterfront in Eastie and watch the fireworks from there. Listen to the concert on TV. Avoid the crowds that way.

Happy Independence Day everyone.

A supermarket chain in the UK is using it as a reason to advertise lots of barbecuing stuff on TV.

A bit like your supermarkets trying to sell you Coronation Chicken (don't ask) for our Queen's official birthday!!!!

I have to ask. What's with "Coronation Chicken?" Sounds like a great story.

I am glad there are no hard feelings regarding our Independence Day
celebration. A great excuse to get the world BBQing.

In honor of the holiday, I will be totally patriotic.

I am having a mixed greens salad with buttermilk ranch (a uniquely American) dressing, a hot dog with Weber's horseradish mustard and Ted's hot dog sauce (true American condiments), Bush's Baked Beans, and a slice of Marie Callender's apple pie, while watching the Angels play the Twins on TV. Sorry I don't have a Chevrolet or I would drive to Chavez Ravine and watch the Dodgers play the Diamond Backs.

Last edited:
There will be a reading of the Declaration of Independence today from the balcony of the Old State House. And reenactments of what led up to the Document being written in the first place. The Boston Massacre, The Boston Tea Party, etc. Then tonight will be the concert on the Esplanade with fireworks following. We usually go down to the waterfront in Eastie and watch the fireworks from there. Listen to the concert on TV. Avoid the crowds that way.

Exactly the best way to enjoy the fireworks and concert. I watched Macy's on NBC last night and taped both that and the concert and fireworks on PBS for Mom to watch today sometime.

Back
Top Bottom