"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-12-2006, 12:36 PM   #1
Master Chef

Just a chat.

What is going on at your house today? Today is cleaning day for me. Got the sheets washed and changed too. Then I thought I would go out to Wal mart and look for some spices like I found in my new Penzeys spices catalog. No luck. One of the things I was looking for is Chip and Dip Seasoning. You mix it with sour cream. And a product like their Salt free Mural of Flavor. You can use it on just about anything. One thing I did find was "Andes Peppermint Crunch" baking chips. Something new.
When I got home I went for a walk and just about froze. The temp is only 32 degrees and boy is it windy. Brrrrr. We did have a few snow flakes flying around earlier.
Well, its only 11:30 AM. Think I will have some lunch and a little nap.
Hope you are having a good day. JoAnn

Old 10-12-2006, 12:42 PM   #2
Everymom

Hey JoAnn, I'm moving in slow motion today. All I've managed to do so far is get the kids to school (my carpool morning), have a bath and a cup of coffee. I have piles of laundry so big they loom imposingly so I'll get to that later. I'll likely summon up the energy to vacuum and to clean the kitchen. (Does anyone else LOATHE unloading the dishwasher?) Thats plenty for me I think. If I can, I'm going to try to have a nap. It would be sooooo nice to do that lying down instead of propped up, but at this point I'll just take sleep.

JoAnn, do you have Uncle Dan's original southern dressing in the US? Thats what I often use for dips etc. Its wonderful.

Old 10-12-2006, 12:54 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
(Does anyone else LOATHE unloading the dishwasher?) Thats plenty for me I think. .[/quote]

Laundry and housecleaning day here, too. Not a very inspiring combination of tasks and the weather is gray and dreary. That doesn't make housework and washing clothes any more fun.

Glad I brought my potted plants in last night. It didn't frost, but it looks as though we may get some tomorrow or the next day. I love my plants and it's nice to have them back in my office. I missed them during the summer.

As for the dishwasher, I think loathe is not a strong enough word. I hate, despise, can't stand, detest, abhor, loathe it. Can ya tell I don't like it?I've solved the problem by delegating that task to Buck. He doesn't seem to think anything of it.

This week is flying by. We had a national holiday on Monday (Columbus Day) so banks, federal offices, etc. were closed and there was no mail delivery. We had a nice three-day weekend. When we have a Monday holiday, the rest of the week goes in a flash.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:54 PM   #4
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
Hey JoAnn, I'm moving in slow motion today. All I've managed to do so far is get the kids to school (my carpool morning), have a bath and a cup of coffee. I have piles of laundry so big they loom imposingly so I'll get to that later. I'll likely summon up the energy to vacuum and to clean the kitchen. (Does anyone else LOATHE unloading the dishwasher?) Thats plenty for me I think. If I can, I'm going to try to have a nap. It would be sooooo nice to do that lying down instead of propped up, but at this point I'll just take sleep.

JoAnn, do you have Uncle Dan's original southern dressing in the US? Thats what I often use for dips etc. Its wonderful.
Not sure about the Uncle Dan's dressing, I will check it out. Thanks
Old 10-12-2006, 01:06 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Quote:
(Does anyone else LOATHE unloading the dishwasher?) .
It's purely a matter of attitude . I LOVE to unload the dishwasher, because that means that another batch of dishes was just washed and I did not have to wash them by hand. I actually say a little prayer EVERY time I unload the dishwasher " thank you for not having me wash yet another load of dishes!" Try it!! There is no sense in wasting negative energy with chores that must done . (are they saying, she must be kidding?)
Old 10-12-2006, 01:22 PM   #6
Senior Cook

(Does anyone else LOATHE unloading the dishwasher

i do not like to unload the dish washer either, it falls in the same lines
of putting the laundry away. i don't mind doing the dishes or doing the
laundry but it is the putting away part

my day started normal got the kids to school went to work. 9:00 meeting
went fast and boring. not really much going on around here today i will
go to the 2:00 meeting then off to pick up the kids from school. need to
go for my jog after we get home it is cold and windy. i guess the wind
will add resistance. then the normal homework with the kids friday is test day so thursday is study night. been out of school for 20 years why am i
still doing homework

after homework will be dinner have not figured that out yet. not sure
what hubby would like tonight.

i do think i will bake some brownies

can't wait until friday been a slow week for me
Old 10-12-2006, 02:30 PM   #7
Senior Cook

ohhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyy you mentioned the, dare I say " snow" word! eeeeeeeeeeeek
Old 10-12-2006, 02:55 PM   #8
Executive Chef

It's dreary here, rained all day, but it's warm. I hear the cold weather is heading our way. Please dont let it snow! I feel sorry for those of you getting snow this early (unless of course you like snow!). I did some baking today. I made a blueberry cake, and a cheese and onion bread (cheated and used bisquick).
Old 10-12-2006, 02:59 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I get my new freezer today!!!!
I've wanted one for a few years and finally bought
one a few weeks ago. Can't wait. It'll be so nice to get
my inside freezer cleaned out and my old chest freezer empied.

and lol.. I like to empty the dishwasher too.. mostly on cold winter mornings.
Do it as soon as the dishes are done washing and they are nice and warm.
It's a great way to take the chill off.

It's putting the washed clothes away that I don't like.
They sit in the basket for a week before I get around to it. BORING!
But, I do like folding them, warm and comfy right out of the dryer...see a pattern here?? lol
Old 10-12-2006, 03:08 PM   #10
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

I hate unloading the dishwasher, putting groceries away, laundry away etc. Whew, thats it !!