Just a chat.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoAnn L.

Master Chef
What is going on at your house today? Today is cleaning day for me. Got the sheets washed and changed too. Then I thought I would go out to Wal mart and look for some spices like I found in my new Penzeys spices catalog. No luck. One of the things I was looking for is Chip and Dip Seasoning. You mix it with sour cream. And a product like their Salt free Mural of Flavor. You can use it on just about anything. One thing I did find was "Andes Peppermint Crunch" baking chips. Something new.
When I got home I went for a walk and just about froze. The temp is only 32 degrees and boy is it windy. Brrrrr. We did have a few snow flakes flying around earlier.
Well, its only 11:30 AM. Think I will have some lunch and a little nap.
Hope you are having a good day. JoAnn:)

Hey JoAnn, I'm moving in slow motion today. All I've managed to do so far is get the kids to school (my carpool morning), have a bath and a cup of coffee. I have piles of laundry so big they loom imposingly so I'll get to that later. I'll likely summon up the energy to vacuum and to clean the kitchen. (Does anyone else LOATHE unloading the dishwasher?) Thats plenty for me I think. If I can, I'm going to try to have a nap. It would be sooooo nice to do that lying down instead of propped up, but at this point I'll just take sleep.

JoAnn, do you have Uncle Dan's original southern dressing in the US? Thats what I often use for dips etc. Its wonderful.

(Does anyone else LOATHE unloading the dishwasher?) Thats plenty for me I think. .[/quote]

Laundry and housecleaning day here, too. Not a very inspiring combination of tasks and the weather is gray and dreary. That doesn't make housework and washing clothes any more fun.

Glad I brought my potted plants in last night. It didn't frost, but it looks as though we may get some tomorrow or the next day. I love my plants and it's nice to have them back in my office. I missed them during the summer.

As for the dishwasher, I think loathe is not a strong enough word. I hate, despise, can't stand, detest, abhor, loathe it.:mad: Can ya tell I don't like it?I've solved the problem by delegating that task to Buck. He doesn't seem to think anything of it.

This week is flying by. We had a national holiday on Monday (Columbus Day) so banks, federal offices, etc. were closed and there was no mail delivery. We had a nice three-day weekend. When we have a Monday holiday, the rest of the week goes in a flash.

Alix said:
Hey JoAnn, I'm moving in slow motion today. All I've managed to do so far is get the kids to school (my carpool morning), have a bath and a cup of coffee. I have piles of laundry so big they loom imposingly so I'll get to that later. I'll likely summon up the energy to vacuum and to clean the kitchen. (Does anyone else LOATHE unloading the dishwasher?) Thats plenty for me I think. If I can, I'm going to try to have a nap. It would be sooooo nice to do that lying down instead of propped up, but at this point I'll just take sleep.

JoAnn, do you have Uncle Dan's original southern dressing in the US? Thats what I often use for dips etc. Its wonderful.

Not sure about the Uncle Dan's dressing, I will check it out. Thanks

Alix said:
(Does anyone else LOATHE unloading the dishwasher?) .

It's purely a matter of attitude:LOL: :rolleyes: . I LOVE to unload the dishwasher, because that means that another batch of dishes was just washed and I did not have to wash them by hand. I actually say a little prayer EVERY time I unload the dishwasher " thank you for not having me wash yet another load of dishes!" Try it!! There is no sense in wasting negative energy with chores that must done:wacko: . (are they saying, she must be kidding?)

Originally Posted by Alix
(Does anyone else LOATHE unloading the dishwasher

i do not like to unload the dish washer either, it falls in the same lines
of putting the laundry away. i don't mind doing the dishes or doing the
laundry but it is the putting away part:unsure:

my day started normal got the kids to school went to work. 9:00 meeting
went fast and boring. not really much going on around here today i will
go to the 2:00 meeting then off to pick up the kids from school. need to
go for my jog after we get home it is cold and windy. i guess the wind
will add resistance. then the normal homework with the kids friday is test day so thursday is study night. been out of school for 20 years why am i
still doing homework:huh:

after homework will be dinner have not figured that out yet. not sure
what hubby would like tonight.

i do think i will bake some brownies

can't wait until friday been a slow week for me

ohhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyy you mentioned the, dare I say " snow" word! eeeeeeeeeeeek

It's dreary here, rained all day, but it's warm. I hear the cold weather is heading our way. Please dont let it snow! I feel sorry for those of you getting snow this early (unless of course you like snow!). I did some baking today. I made a blueberry cake, and a cheese and onion bread (cheated and used bisquick).

I get my new freezer today!!!!
I've wanted one for a few years and finally bought
one a few weeks ago. Can't wait. It'll be so nice to get
my inside freezer cleaned out and my old chest freezer empied.

and lol.. I like to empty the dishwasher too.. mostly on cold winter mornings.
Do it as soon as the dishes are done washing and they are nice and warm.
It's a great way to take the chill off.

It's putting the washed clothes away that I don't like.
They sit in the basket for a week before I get around to it. BORING!
But, I do like folding them, warm and comfy right out of the dryer...see a pattern here?? lol

I hate to dust. You dust in the morning.......it's back in the afternoon.:mad:

wasabi said:
I hate to dust. You dust in the morning.......it's back in the afternoon.:mad:

So...don't dust. You can do all sorts of things. You can write you name in it. Just don't write the date.

If you have guests over, use low lights and candlelight. If they notice the furniture, tell them it's a new fad in interior design. Velour furniture. If they buy it, you're home free.:LOL:

JoAnn

Today I got my groceries delivered to my house this morning.

Between 3pm and 4pm I am going to see a Travel Agent about some places that my girlfriend and I want to go and visit in the next year.

After that I will run some errands and then come home.

I hate loading the dishwasher, unloading the dishwasher, dusting, sweeping, laundry... anything having to do with cleaning really.

Good morning everyone! It's FRIDAY!!!! Friday's are special because Lou comes in from Philly for the weekend.
I always begin the day with linen laundering - the sheets are agitating as we speak! Then it's off to work where I do my best to blow off the day. With any luck at all I can be out of work by 2:30 today. I try to never do more than 8 hours on Friday!
Then I was planning to stop at Bed Bath & Beyond because I'd like to get another blanket for the bed. It's supposed to be chilly tonight. Then a quick run through the supermarket for weekend meal ingredients and house essentials.
When I get home I toss the sheets in the dryer,unload the bags, vacuum the rooms which have carpeting, and swiffer the rooms without. I want to make a pumpkin coffee cake to have for breakfast tomorrow morning. I'll also make a fruit and cheese platter for when Lou arrives. (that's usually around 7:30, and he always brings pretzels from the train station). Once the cake gets in the oven, I'll unload the dishwasher, bring the sheets up, get into the shower, make the bed, turn the 'tree' on, .....and get ready for my weekend of :wub::brows::devilish:..... Cocktail hour officially begins at 7:35 pm.

I wish I was having that sort of Friday/weekend VB. Its been three weeks since DH and I managed to grab one day together in London and he was so tired he slept through most of it. But we are hoping he will beable to fly over for a weekend in two or three weeks time, by which time hope fully all our stuff will be in storage and I'll have sold the car and be almost ready to join him full time in Italy.

The longest we had spent apart before this was four days...since we met. So it is interesting for us to see how we cope....which is ok but missing each other badly!

Yesterday, hubby was off work so we finished putting the den back in order from painting last Saturday. I'm working today but when I get off I have to go to Lowes to pick up some stuff. Hopefully I'll get my paycheck today so I'll have a little extra money to "play" with when I get there! When I get home I have to do laundry, mop the kitchen, clean the bathroom, & get hot dog chili made & put in the freezer. TC's birthday party is next Friday night & I have to get the house cleaned for that, plus we have friends comming from out of town & they'll be staying with us after the party.

well I`ve just raided the Lab stock room, and am currently mixing up a batch of Special Plant food, I`ve had to bring my 2 outdoor potted Chili plants in this morning as this is the second day we`ve woken up to fog, and the outside night temp is dropping into single figures, so I`m going to try my luck at pampering them and see if I can get them to Over-Winter indoors (or at least extend the season).
I`ve made a Stewp (a cross between a stew and soup), and that`ll go with some nice toasted garlic bread.
as for the rest of the day, I`ve got a few of my daughters toys to fix, and I`ll spend the rest of it being gratefull I don`t work outdoors all that much :)

btw, Happy Friday 13`th each :)

Back
Top Bottom