"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-15-2016, 06:24 PM   #41
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd_1138 View Post
Wow, you are even making your own bread/buns? That is awesome. Lot of work though.

Are you going to have someone to run the counter and take orders? Yeah it will be hot in there unless you mount some fans perhaps.

The menu looks great. Definitely keep it simple if you're not going to have another chef onboard.
OOOOPS! I forgot about the buns... I am buying those, but could you imagine the PR and marketing value of making your own? I wish we could... I'm not quite that brave.

Or, nuts...

There will be at least two people in at one time. One serving and handling the cash, two prepping and cooking. I should hire a third to wipe the sweat off the foreheads of the other two.

RD

Old 05-15-2016, 06:27 PM   #42
Senior Cook

Thanks so much for all your best wishes... come on up to Nova Scotia for a free meal. Long drive, but if you're in the area... Hey, maybe you could fill in for me while I go sit under a tree with a cool lemonade!!!!!!!!!!!

RD

Old 05-15-2016, 08:17 PM   #43
Head Chef

Wife and I keep talking taking a vacation up that way... now maybe there's more incentive.

Good luck with the new endeavor!
Old 05-15-2016, 11:17 PM   #44
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rugged Dude View Post
Thanks so much for all your best wishes... come on up to Nova Scotia for a free meal. Long drive, but if you're in the area... Hey, maybe you could fill in for me while I go sit under a tree with a cool lemonade!!!!!!!!!!!

RD

Be careful, RD. You may have a whole stream of us DC'ers heading up your way for a free meal!
Old 05-18-2016, 05:29 AM   #45
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Be careful, RD. You may have a whole stream of us DC'ers heading up your way for a free meal!
That's okay, they can all help me cook. Could 12 or 13 people fit inside a 16 foot trailer??????????????????????

I got it painted yesterday... looks great! Today, the front steps / deck and awning go on. As soon as I can figure out how to post pictures on here, I'll do it. Maybe I'll give Bill Gates a quick call.

RD
Old 05-18-2016, 06:53 AM   #46
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rugged Dude View Post
That's okay, they can all help me cook. Could 12 or 13 people fit inside a 16 foot trailer??????????????????????

I got it painted yesterday... looks great! Today, the front steps / deck and awning go on. As soon as I can figure out how to post pictures on here, I'll do it. Maybe I'll give Bill Gates a quick call.

RD
We would love to see pictures!
Old 05-29-2016, 05:06 AM   #47
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
We would love to see pictures!
Pictures coming soon... I now have the trailer all painted, the front steps and deck built and painted, the menu boards and logo signs are on order and should ready in a couple of days.

Nova Scotia Power is coming to hook up on the 3rd, June. Propane comes on Tuesday... Staff T shirts and hats are on order... Hoping to open around June 6 - 10.

Going there today to cut out the front service window and make it much bigger / make an awning for the front... it better NOT rain today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RD
Old 05-29-2016, 07:12 AM   #48
Head Chef

A reality show on some obscure cable channel I subscribe to has a series about making it with a setup like yours.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:59 PM   #49
Senior Cook

Holy *******************ing blank! Opened 'er up on Saturday... BUSY and everything went well. No unexpected weird things happening... a few little "ooops, I forgot about that" type things. Sold 50 pounds of fish, 200 pounds of potatoes and 10 pounds of shrimp in the first two days. Plus about a million burgers... (Okay, slight exaggeration.)

My wife made up a facebook thing and put 'er up on the Google. Check it out... Thx again for all your support earlier!

https://www.facebook.com/Best-Little-Oarhouse-in-Nova-Scotia-973267209447678/

RD
Old 06-14-2016, 12:29 AM   #50
Senior Cook

Congratulations.

Tags
food