Just bought a new food truck...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks awesome! Love the color scheme; it's very nautical with the navy blue and white. And the menu looks delicious.

The Best Little Oarhouse in Nova Scotia also needs an official website not just a facebook page.

I agree. Some people may not have Facebook (though I think they can still open up the FB page even if they don't have a FB account). And some people just don't like using FB.

Just a simple website with menu, location, hours, shots of food, etc..

I agree. Some people may not have Facebook (though I think they can still open up the FB page even if they don't have a FB account). And some people just don't like using FB.

Just a simple website with menu, location, hours, shots of food, etc..
If it's a public page, it will show up for anyone when they google the business name, or even a vague topic that relates to food trucks. A lot of small businesses are moving away from the more-expensive website and just running a page on Facebook. I guess the price difference is worth it in the grand scheme of things.

If it's a public page, it will show up for anyone when they google the business name, or even a vague topic that relates to food trucks. A lot of small businesses are moving away from the more-expensive website and just running a page on Facebook. I guess the price difference is worth it in the grand scheme of things.

More expensive???

basic quality hosting costs under 8 bucks a month. Trust me an official site is worth it.

I didn't realize it was that cheap, kleenex. :huh: Personally, I'm good with a business' presence on just FB and places like Yelp, tripadvisor, etc. If that is all a business has online, I don't view them any less favorably. And I do take into account all the reviews for a business, not just the favorable ones or the scathing versions.

JMHO, though.

"More expensive

basic quality hosting costs under 8 bucks a month. Trust me an official site is worth it."

Hosting is just the beginning. Someone then needs to design, create and maintain the website. While there are free services to help with some of that, it takes time and a bit of marketing expertise to make it look professional.

Hey,guys, thanks for your wicked suggestions... I have the guys who built my current site (Rugged Dude) working on a new one for the Oar House... and we'll get 'er up on the Yelps (whateverthatis), the You Tubes, the Tweeters, the Snaps, the Insta-foods and all the other Googles too!

RD

"More expensive

basic quality hosting costs under 8 bucks a month. Trust me an official site is worth it."

Hosting is just the beginning. Someone then needs to design, create and maintain the website. While there are free services to help with some of that, it takes time and a bit of marketing expertise to make it look professional.

Maintain may not be much of a problem here. The only thing I think would change over time would be the menu. Maybe swap out a front page image.

You, sir, are living the life of Riley, whoever he was. Your kitchen-on-wheels can cook anything in the world, and Nova Scotia is my favourite place on Earth. I am drooling-jealous.

But you want menu-suggestions, for takeout, for Nova Scotia. Well of course deep-fry any fishy thing that comes your way, but everybody is doing that, where you are. The natives all have blue eyes and wear kilts, so have you tried deep-fried pizza? Deep-fried Mars Bars? Both very popular in Scotland right now.

And, given the environment you are in, I have a real suggestion for you. The Japanese invented it after WWII and called it Potato Korokke (korokke is Japanglish for croquette). There is no Scot who does not love Mince 'n Tatties (sloppy joe with mashed spuds), and Potato Korokke is exactly that, deep-fried. Park yourself in downtown Halifax at closing time with a banner proclaiming "Deep-Fried Mince 'n Tatties," and please remember me in your will.

Squarespace is great for small businesses. They sell domains for like $10 per year and for $10 per month will host the site. They have beautiful templates. It's really easy to build a nice website. Don't need to know HTML anymore.

I'd have both -- Facebook and a regular website. And of course reach out on all the social media apps/websites.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom