Just bought a new food truck...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, you are even making your own bread/buns? That is awesome. Lot of work though.

Are you going to have someone to run the counter and take orders? Yeah it will be hot in there unless you mount some fans perhaps.

The menu looks great. Definitely keep it simple if you're not going to have another chef onboard.

OOOOPS! I forgot about the buns... I am buying those, but could you imagine the PR and marketing value of making your own? I wish we could... I'm not quite that brave.

Or, nuts...

There will be at least two people in at one time. One serving and handling the cash, two prepping and cooking. I should hire a third to wipe the sweat off the foreheads of the other two. :LOL:

RD

Thanks so much for all your best wishes... come on up to Nova Scotia for a free meal. Long drive, but if you're in the area... Hey, maybe you could fill in for me while I go sit under a tree with a cool lemonade!!!!!!!!!!!

RD

Thanks so much for all your best wishes... come on up to Nova Scotia for a free meal. Long drive, but if you're in the area... Hey, maybe you could fill in for me while I go sit under a tree with a cool lemonade!!!!!!!!!!!

RD

Be careful, RD. You may have a whole stream of us DC'ers heading up your way for a free meal!

Be careful, RD. You may have a whole stream of us DC'ers heading up your way for a free meal!

That's okay, they can all help me cook. Could 12 or 13 people fit inside a 16 foot trailer??????????????????????

I got it painted yesterday... looks great! Today, the front steps / deck and awning go on. As soon as I can figure out how to post pictures on here, I'll do it. Maybe I'll give Bill Gates a quick call. :angel:

RD

That's okay, they can all help me cook. Could 12 or 13 people fit inside a 16 foot trailer??????????????????????

I got it painted yesterday... looks great! Today, the front steps / deck and awning go on. As soon as I can figure out how to post pictures on here, I'll do it. Maybe I'll give Bill Gates a quick call. :angel:

RD

We would love to see pictures!:chef:

We would love to see pictures!:chef:

Pictures coming soon... I now have the trailer all painted, the front steps and deck built and painted, the menu boards and logo signs are on order and should ready in a couple of days.

Nova Scotia Power is coming to hook up on the 3rd, June. Propane comes on Tuesday... Staff T shirts and hats are on order... Hoping to open around June 6 - 10.

Going there today to cut out the front service window and make it much bigger / make an awning for the front... it better NOT rain today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

RD

Holy *******************ing blank! Opened 'er up on Saturday... BUSY and everything went well. No unexpected weird things happening... a few little "ooops, I forgot about that" type things. Sold 50 pounds of fish, 200 pounds of potatoes and 10 pounds of shrimp in the first two days. Plus about a million burgers... (Okay, slight exaggeration.)

My wife made up a facebook thing and put 'er up on the Google. Check it out... Thx again for all your support earlier!

https://www.facebook.com/Best-Little-Oarhouse-in-Nova-Scotia-973267209447678/

RD

Great job, Dude! Wishing you continued success and hoping these weren't just interested one-and-done kind of patrons.

Keep us posted, if you find time. Or even if you don't have time. ;)

Love the name, and the colors pop. Looks like you have a hit on your hands. Best wishes for continued success. :angel:

I love everything about it Dude! It looks so inviting and the blue and white is just the right touch with the red chairs! Can you put a few small tables out there? Maybe the ones that are tall, to eliminate chairs? The menu looks and sounds great!!

Congratulation and good luck. How about Panini, especially for summer. It is light, it is quick, it is tasty.

The Best Little Oarhouse in Nova Scotia also needs an official website not just a facebook page.

Back
Top Bottom