"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-16-2007, 11:57 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiQ
I am scheduled for a hysterectomy that day and I have to say I am relieved. I haven't been quite myself and feeling down right lousy-so this is really a very good thing.
Yup, it will be a really, really good thing. Been there. Done that and am so glad I did. However, be careful and allow yourself to recuperate at a gradual pace. Don't push yourself. Your body will give you the appropriate messages. Listen to it!!!

In three weeks you'll definitely feel better. After 6 weeks even better. You will see increments of "feeling better" as the weeks go by.

By the time 6 months passed, I felt soooooo much better. Especially since I'd had some prior yucky problems. Don't know what your previous situation was but, trust me, you will not regret your decision to have this surgery.

Best wishes on a feeling good future.

Old 02-17-2007, 12:16 AM   #12
Executive Chef

Glad you've checked in Vicki! Hope it all goes well with your surgery and you visit with us more often!

Old 02-17-2007, 03:31 PM   #13
Sous Chef

Thank you all for your love and support-it means alot to me-because I always feel like I am whining about something or another you always encourage me and support me with your love and kindness.
I didn't mention that last week my hubby took me to Ocean City(my fav place to relax) for our 27th anniversary(which was Fri Feb 9th). We had such a peaceful, relaxing time.We even tried new places to eat we had never discovered and we made new friends. We even now have a new cocktail to serve up this summer or maybe for Palm Sunday Brunch or heck maybe tomorrow. It's called Orange Crush-it's equal parts triple sec, orange smirnoff 3/4 the way up a 18 oz glass- the juice of a valencia orange and just a shot of 7up.After the first one I was singing outloud and didn't feel the least bit tired.Must have been that fresh oj!!Thanks again for all your well wishes- I sure miss when I can't chat with you guys.Love and energy, Vicki
and
PS Buckytom - if you're looking for company on wing night at Sutter's Jimmy and my son are ALWAYS up for it!
Old 02-17-2007, 04:45 PM   #14
Head Chef

Vicki it is great that you signed on and I am sure you will be fine after your operation.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 11:28 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

vicki, i am definitely going to take you up on that.

we would have loved to have joined you in ocean city. i still have my little crab mallet from "the mug and mallet".

hey, when's the last time you ate at kinchley's. i loved the mozzarella there, especially on the garlic bread with dipping sauce.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:21 AM   #16
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
vicki, i am definitely going to take you up on that.

we would have loved to have joined you in ocean city. i still have my little crab mallet from "the mug and mallet".

hey, when's the last time you ate at kinchley's. i loved the mozzarella there, especially on the garlic bread with dipping sauce.
We were at Kinchley's right before Christmas! Dennis near killed his father when he took out his wallet to pay the bill !!!Dennis has the first nickle he ever made- he put it in his piggy bank and it hasn't seen the light of day since!! I love Kinchely's pizza -I don't think I've ever tried anything else.
BTW-Remember I reccomended the New York Steak Pub in the Double Tree Inn on 17?? The last few times we were there we were very unhappy with the quality of the food-so I'm taking my recommendation back
As far as the Mug and Mallet goes- they were serving the same daily special alot of restaurants in Ocean City serve this time of year-"Closed for the Season"We're hoping to get back down to OC in the spring.
Take care.Love and energy, Vicki