Just dropping in with a quick Hi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VickiQ

Sous Chef
Hope everyone is doing well.Sorry I haven't been around much but, I have been dealing with some medical issues and it looks as though it will finally be coming to an end on March 2nd. I am scheduled for a hysterectomy that day and I have to say I am relieved. I haven't been quite myself and feeling down right lousy-so this is really a very good thing.Hopefully I will gain some energy back and be able to visit here more often and stop cancelling clients so I can take a nap!!!Much love and energy to you all!!! Vicki

It's great to see you back, vicki! I hope everything goes well for you on the second and that you're feeling better than ever quickly!

Thanks for checking in VickiQ! I'm sure you'll feel great after the operation.

Swing by more often just to say, "Hey!". You know how we all worry about someone who just disappears. :ohmy: :)

hiya vickiq!!!

i was thinking of you the other day. i made buffalo wings, and was talking about the good wings at sutter's mill.

hope all goes well and we get you to see you more soon.

Good luck on the surgery and please pop back in ASAP to let us know how your doing. Thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Ciao Vicki!! It is always good to hear from you... my thoughts have been with you, I hope and believe that you will feel much better soon, and be ready for the big wedding!! Take good care of yourself, and try not to be too much of a stranger!

img_402117_0_36dc9f12c44b5e3c98554a50a90bf4d9.gif
Hugs, Licia

Hi Vicki,
Will be thinking of you..It will be wonderful seeing more of you.Take care, rest and come say hi as soon as you feel up to it.

kadesma:)

VickiQ said:
I am scheduled for a hysterectomy that day and I have to say I am relieved. I haven't been quite myself and feeling down right lousy-so this is really a very good thing.

Yup, it will be a really, really good thing. Been there. Done that and am so glad I did. However, be careful and allow yourself to recuperate at a gradual pace. Don't push yourself. Your body will give you the appropriate messages. Listen to it!!!

In three weeks you'll definitely feel better. After 6 weeks even better. You will see increments of "feeling better" as the weeks go by.

By the time 6 months passed, I felt soooooo much better. Especially since I'd had some prior yucky problems. Don't know what your previous situation was but, trust me, you will not regret your decision to have this surgery.

Best wishes on a feeling good future.

Thank you all for your love and support-it means alot to me-because I always feel like I am whining about something or another you always encourage me and support me with your love and kindness.
I didn't mention that last week my hubby took me to Ocean City(my fav place to relax) for our 27th anniversary(which was Fri Feb 9th). We had such a peaceful, relaxing time.We even tried new places to eat we had never discovered and we made new friends. We even now have a new cocktail to serve up this summer or maybe for Palm Sunday Brunch or heck maybe tomorrow. It's called Orange Crush-it's equal parts triple sec, orange smirnoff 3/4 the way up a 18 oz glass- the juice of a valencia orange and just a shot of 7up.After the first one I was singing outloud and didn't feel the least bit tired.Must have been that fresh oj!!Thanks again for all your well wishes- I sure miss when I can't chat with you guys.Love and energy, Vicki
and
PS Buckytom - if you're looking for company on wing night at Sutter's Jimmy and my son are ALWAYS up for it!

vicki, i am definitely going to take you up on that.

we would have loved to have joined you in ocean city. i still have my little crab mallet from "the mug and mallet". :)

hey, when's the last time you ate at kinchley's. i loved the mozzarella there, especially on the garlic bread with dipping sauce.

buckytom said:
vicki, i am definitely going to take you up on that.

we would have loved to have joined you in ocean city. i still have my little crab mallet from "the mug and mallet". :)

hey, when's the last time you ate at kinchley's. i loved the mozzarella there, especially on the garlic bread with dipping sauce.

We were at Kinchley's right before Christmas! Dennis near killed his father when he took out his wallet to pay the bill:LOL: !!!Dennis has the first nickle he ever made- he put it in his piggy bank and it hasn't seen the light of day since!! I love Kinchely's pizza -I don't think I've ever tried anything else.
BTW-Remember I reccomended the New York Steak Pub in the Double Tree Inn on 17?? The last few times we were there we were very unhappy with the quality of the food-so I'm taking my recommendation back:)
As far as the Mug and Mallet goes- they were serving the same daily special alot of restaurants in Ocean City serve this time of year-"Closed for the Season"We're hoping to get back down to OC in the spring.
Take care.Love and energy, Vicki

Back
Top Bottom