Just Got a New Toy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I've been having trouble with my right wrist. Doc says it's either tendonitis or arthritis :mad: , go buy a track ball mouse.

So I just installed it and I feel like I have no control whatsoever over where the cursor goes :ohmy: !

It's called a Marble Mouse because it has a big red marble in the front center of the mouse that you roll around instead of moving the mouse and 4 other buttons. The two larger ones act as the two buttons on a regular mouse - select and context select. The two additional buttons are for page up and page down. All four are resettable to different functions.

Cool toy to learn and maybe my wrist will get better. Gotta go scroll throught the forum now.

I have been using a track ball now for about 4 year and I will never go back to a regular mouse. It does take a day or two to get user to Andy, but trust me, you will get used to it. It is much better on your wrists.

I think I have the same track ball as you. If it is the same then you can actually do more than just those 4 buttons. By pressing certain buttons in conjunction that acts as another button. For instance, I have mine set up so that when I press the two large buttons at the same time then that is "paste" (I have "copy" set up on another button".

Here is the key to using it and getting used to it. Do not try to control it with your fingertips as you will probably want to do at first. Instead let your fingers hang over the ball just a little, to about the first knuckle. You will have much greater control that way.

Something else to watch for...every once in a while pull the red ball out of the gray part. Inside you will see three white contact points. Gunk and grime collect there and make the track ball a little sluggish. Just take your finger and wipe over those three points to remove the gunk. You will notice an instant difference.

Last Christmas my son Kevin gave me a Logitech cordless mouse..It sure goes through the batteries like crazy! I'm thinking of taking at least one batterie out each time I shut down. what do you think??
Marge~Dove

Dove said:
Last Christmas my son Kevin gave me a Logitech cordless mouse..It sure goes through the batteries like crazy! I'm thinking of taking at least one batterie out each time I shut down. what do you think??
Marge~Dove

YUCK!!!!!
The idea of cordless is wonderful but
I don't think that the logitech are worth a dime.
I've had two of them and will NOT buy another.
The batteries go very quickly and according my
husband there are some pretty big programing problems.
The Logitech key boards are just as bad. :mad::mad::mad:

Andy, I hope your new toy relieves your symptoms. I had tendonitis from opening beaucoup boxes at Pier 1 (happily gone now), so I know how painful it can be.

Sounds like just the kind of gadget Dad would get, unless he has one already.

Back
Top Bottom