Just got my Wisdom Teeth out....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chave982

Senior Cook
Just thought I'd share...Got them (all 4, fully impacted) out around noon today. I don't remember a thing between waking up in the chair and having my mom drive me home. Just been layin around all day takin Vicaden...I'm actually pain free right now, but I think that is primarily due to all the pain killers... Not look forward to waking up tomorrow though..:(

Bless you my child! Potato soup hit the spot for me when I had mine out. No straws - but I'm sure you already know that. And for the next couple days stay on top of your meds. Be sure and set an alarm clock, or have your Mom wake up, and take your meds at some point during the night.

Feel better soon!

I remember getting mine out. I drank a lot of milkshakes. Sang great though.
I feel for you, get well soon.

I was fortunate that the pain didn't last too long (I have a pretty high pain threshold). Hopefully it will be that way for you too.

:cool:Barbara

The only part that is bothering me right now is the gauze pads i have to keep clenched between my teeth. Even when I try to eat liquid foods, it's still difficult because of the gauze. (Well...mostly liquid foods...unless Nutella counts as a liquid? :angel:)

The only part that is bothering me right now is the gauze pads i have to keep clenched between my teeth. Even when I try to eat liquid foods, it's still difficult because of the gauze. (Well...mostly liquid foods...unless Nutella counts as a liquid? :angel:)
That is the part that drove me nuts too! A little pain I could handle, but that was awful!

:)Barbara

Been there, done that... about 12 years ago. I was awake for the removal, but I really did not care, I got some really good stuff to help me not to care. But the only draw back was that when they stitched my socket closed, they stitched it to my cheek! So every time I tried to smile, I had this gigantic dimple in my cheek... LOL! Anyhow, glad you made it through!

Or rinsing with peroxide? I did that by accident. They told me not to, but when they told me all the stuff NOT to do, I was well under the influence of these wonderful mind altering/pain surpressing drugs!!!!

Actually, bleeding is a good thing, as it means the gums are healing over. It's when you get a "dry socket" that things get ugly. I had that when my wisdom teeth came out. One of the sockets (big one on the lower jaw) had no blood going to it, so it left the bare nerve exposed. Talk about pain! I never had so much ice cream and whiskey in one weekend, and it still did me no good!

Anyway, if you do get such a thing, get some Oil of Cloves from the pharmacy. It'll numb the pain immediately!! (Also good for canker sores, but very temporary, and can actually inflame them).

Fast healing, my friend!

Or rinsing with peroxide? I did that by accident. They told me not to, but when they told me all the stuff NOT to do, I was well under the influence of these wonderful mind altering/pain surpressing drugs!!!!

Nothing wrong with rinsing with the milder peroxide solutions -- just not the stuff used for bleaching. But don't swallow!!

Nothing wrong with rinsing with the milder peroxide solutions -- just not the stuff used for bleaching. But don't swallow!!

Mind you, this has been many years ago, so I realize some things have changed since then. But they said that rinsing or gargling with peroxide would bubble out the clot/scab and prevent the healing. So when you say 'milder' are you talking about watered down peroxide? Just wondering after all these years that maybe that is what they told me and I was too high to tell the difference. Back then, they would give you halcyon before the extractions started. :ohmy:

Mind you, this has been many years ago, so I realize some things have changed since then. But they said that rinsing or gargling with peroxide would bubble out the clot/scab and prevent the healing. So when you say 'milder' are you talking about watered down peroxide? Just wondering after all these years that maybe that is what they told me and I was too high to tell the difference. Back then, they would give you halcyon before the extractions started. :ohmy:

Oh yes, halcyon - that's what I took! :angel:

They tell me to rinse with salt water....which is kinda gross tasting...but seems to do the job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom