Just letting everyone know

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad to hear it!

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Better hope Nurse Ratched doesn't find out! :wacko:

scoop_17121_6382.jpg

Thank you so much, everyone. They did her last IV med before breakfast this AM - and I couldn't believe how long it takes to get someone discharged from a hospital. She has an appointment with her PCP in the AM because they were closed all weekend and they got slammed this AM. He had one of the hospital doctors that he works with call him, they went over her file in teleconference, then she came and talked to us. Took almost 2 hours from the time the Dr. said she could leave and her getting out of the hospital. But she has a 6 day course of antibiotic and has to stop her ibuprofin and aleve until after her bloodwork next week.

Oh yeah, I'm one of those that is standing in the door of my room at 6 in the morning waiting for the docs to set me free...by 11, I am tired and want to go back to bed...no patience AT ALL when it's time to go home.

The one time I was hospitalized, years ago for a potential heart incident, I was running and jumping down the hall waiting for the doc to release me. I would have done cartwheels if I was coordinated.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

It was so funny - after we got home and I got her settled, I started unpacking things and putting them away, and every time I'd walk through the living room she would either be nodding off or snoring.

Not surprising....the hospital is not a place to get a good night's rest. Glad she's settling in and feeling comfortable enough to sleep. :)

Last edited:
I was told I could go home the next morning. Come the next day, and I was up and dressed waiting for my pickup. Okay Adele, as soon as your blood work comes back.

Adele, we have your blood work and you need a blood transfusion. Your blood level is very low. It is just one pint.

No, I want to go home. You told me I could go home today. I am going home. I will eat lots of liver and build my blood up at home.

Next day, I come down to the lobby to go out. I get off the elevator, and instead of turning right to go out, I went left to the manager's office. Diane, please call 911. Something is wrong.

I get to the hospital and now I needed two pints of blood instead just one. That turned into another overnight stay.

Lesson learned. :angel:

Addie, that reminds me of my Dad when we first got him to the hospital. I was having IV treatments for a horrid skin rash on my leg. Dad was complaining of pains in his abdomen and I suggested he come with us. I said "the worst that can happen is you get a drive out of it but that means nothing serious is wrong.

Three months, two surgeries, four bouts of pneumonia and two pints of blood later, he was discharged. We were singing the theme from Gilligan's Island on the way home - "...a three hour tour". :LOL: But actually it wasn't funny because we thought we would lose him three times and that was just his first hospitalization.

Having worked in hospitals, and then helping my youngest study for his PA diploma from Yale, I have just enough medical knowledge to be a danger to myself. I know it would take me weeks to build up my blood supply. But I was going to do it overnight by eating liver. :wacko: Not one of my brightest days. And now I am at that stage in life where I am falling apart and I am sure if I just would get up and get busy, I could cure myself of all my aches and ailments. :angel:

Poor Addie, we've had that happen to my grandmother before.

Dr appt. went well, she can go back to work tomorrow night with the promise that if she starts feeling bad again, she comes home early and we call Dr.

Poor Addie, we've had that happen to my grandmother before.

Dr appt. went well, she can go back to work tomorrow night with the promise that if she starts feeling bad again, she comes home early and we call Dr.
And one for her. :angel:

I just love good news. :angel:

And one for her. :angel:

I just love good news. :angel:

Thank you so much, Addie. We're going to get pedicures tomorrow am, then a meeting at work for her at noon and bed after that so she can get back on her schedule.

Just make the heat go away. Please.....

Thank you so much, Addie. We're going to get pedicures tomorrow am, then a meeting at work for her at noon and bed after that so she can get back on her schedule.

Just make the heat go away. Please.....

I am doing what I can. But you know, sometimes there is just too much ;) 'hot air' floating around. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom