"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread
Old 03-05-2011, 05:04 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire
I was all ready to say good post Luva, when I read Kayelle's post.... actually, they are both pretty good, but maybe it is Kayelle highliting hers that something Skittles said caught my eye... "for the first time in a year"?... so once a year you wish you were single, Skittles? That is what sticks out to me in what you said. It sounds to me like either someone needs to commit more or that someone needs to be more honest with themselves. Trials and tribulations does not mean you should be wishing you were single. IMO that is half the reason you slept over at your friend's.

Give us this day our daily bacon.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:09 PM   #22
Master Chef
Originally Posted by PattY1 View Post
Just because two people are in a committed relationship, it does not mean that they should be attached at the hip!!!
Patti I never inferred they should be attached at the hip......in fact, I don't think that's healthy either. Do you disagree with people who are committed to each other don't leave their loved one at home to go out and party alone, let alone stay out overnight with someone. ????

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:22 PM   #23
Head Chef
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Patti I never inferred they should be attached at the hip......in fact, I don't think that's healthy either. Do you disagree with people who are committed to each other don't leave their loved one at home to go out and party alone, let alone stay out overnight with someone. ????

Yes, I do. What is wrong with doing things separate "every month or so"? Ok, the part about staying with a friend, not so much, but it happend and it will happen to people much more then you think. Had she gone against her better judgment and drove any way and had an accident, he would use that against her too. Another Control Tactic. Someone in this relationship needs to get over something. It is up to them to decide who and what.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #24
Chief Eating Officer
I disagree with that statement Kayelle. I don't think those two things have to go together. Some people party and some don't. Just as some like to go to the opera and some don't or some like to bunny jump and some don't. You can still have a successful relationship without doing those things with your partner.
You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
Old 03-05-2011, 05:31 PM   #25
For starters.....we don't know this couple and diagnosing their relationship isn't something we should aspire to do. Skittle, you are the only one who know what will work with this relationship and what won't work. RED FLAGS and THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE probably works for the person who wrote it....doesn't mean it would work for you. I know it wouldn't work in our relationship. Sure, we hang onto things and often bring up the past....but that's the past. The next couple of days will tell you a lot.

If he brings this up frequently, and several times a day and keeps doing so; then he is thinking about it a lot and little else. That should be a danger sign to you that you need to try do do something immediately. And only you know what that should be. We all have opinions and advice....but only you know what will work.

I'll be the first to admit that guys can be jerks sometimes.....but then we all have our moments. Again, if you don't allow him to beat you over the head with this, he'll stop bringing it up and move on. Good luck.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:32 PM   #26
Master Chef
I would have a problem with my wife going partying alone anywhere.
I don't dance but I let my wife go dancing with her girlfriends frequently. I've never had a problem with that over the 25 years we've been married.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:46 PM   #27
Certified Pretend Chef
Rather than judging the OP's actions or relationship. We should offer help as she asked.
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Old 03-05-2011, 05:51 PM   #28
Head Chef
Originally Posted by Skittle68 View Post
This has nothing to do with cooking, but I can't go on Facebook, because my boyfriend, who I want to talk about, would see it.
Defriend him..... Seriously you probably spent more on drinks than it would have cost to get a taxi home... Grow up, you don't spend the night on another mans "COUCH" and expect that to be okay with your partner...
A woman is like a tea bag, you never no how strong she is until you put her in hot water...
Old 03-05-2011, 07:39 PM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
What a bunch of conservative old fuddy duddies. Didn't someone recently point out that lots of us are baby boomers, old hippies (I wasn't a hippy - I was a freak).

The jealousy would freak me out. My husband goes to parties without me every now and again. He has even stayed over at female friends' homes when the buses had stopped running. Big deal. I would rather that than have a drunken friend drive him home.

" 'Love' is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own... Jealousy is a disease, love is a healthy condition. The immature mind often mistakes one for the other, or assumes that the greater the love, the greater the jealousy."
Robert A. Heinlein
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
Old 03-05-2011, 07:54 PM   #30
Master Chef
We need a poll thread.

Closed Thread