Just Noticed Today Smaller Rolls Of Charmin Toilet Paper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
Yes folks After the cottonelle Toilet paper cut in June 2015 Charmin counters with a cut in August 2015....

Charmin Ultra Soft Toilet Paper Double Rolls, 164 sheets, 36 rolls - Walmart.com

Charmin Ultra Soft Toilet Paper Double Rolls, 154 sheets, 12 rolls - Walmart.com

The Blue double Rolls have lost 10 sheets a roll to get down to 154 sheets a roll.

http://i5.walmartimages.com/dfw/dce07b8c-b7be/k2-_927be3bc-1f4d-490a-85a9-88f2c95cb134.v2.jpg

The Red double rolls have 11 sheets so they have the same 154 sheets a roll.

Charmin Ultra Soft Toilet Paper Mega Rolls, 328 sheets, 18 rolls - Walmart.com

Charmin Ultra Soft Toilet Paper Mega Rolls, 308 sheets, 9 rolls - Walmart.com

The Blue Mega Roll has lost 20 sheets a roll.

Charmin Ultra Strong Toilet Paper Mega Rolls, 330 sheets, 12 rolls - Walmart.com

Charmin Ultra Strong 18 Mega Roll : Target

And the red mega roll is down 22 sheets a roll.

The double roll is closer and closer to only having two sheets a roll

Last edited:
Not only have the number of sheets per roll been reduced, so has the width of the paper.

We have been buying commercial TP by the case via Amazon for several years and had to supplement a package of Charmin, White Cloud, somebody's brand until our last delivery arrived. I was amazed at how much narrower the rolls have gotten.

We have a stand in each bathroom for TP. Each stand holds 4 rolls vertically. When the stands are filled using the commercial paper, the center support is not at all visible. With the "other" stuff, the support stands a good inch or more above the last roll.

Scott still has 1000 sheets per roll, but the rolls themselves are narrower. I hate that we have to pay more for less, because every manufacturer follows suit.

Scott still has 1000 sheets per roll, but the rolls themselves are narrower. I hate that we have to pay more for less, because every manufacturer follows suit.

Well we need to get down to 1000 sheets of postage stamp sized toilet paper. You will enjoy it:D

Okay, they may still be 1,000 sheets per roll but...are they still the nice little square sheets or are they rectangular?

Think about it. If each sheet on a roll is reduced by even 1/8 of an inch, consider how much less paper would have to be used to produce one roll, especially if the rolls are narrower?

This is the true "dumbing down" of toilet paper.

As for "every manufacturer follows suit," consider the fact that what we once accepted as 16-oz. cans of fruits and vegetables are now 14-oz. or less...and, oh joy, we get to pay more for less. Yep!

The canned goods scam has been going on for nearly 20 years, along with the long-gone 3-pound container of coffee and the 1-pound package of sliced bacon. I've noticed and I'm not a happy camper!!!

Last edited:
I remember reading a quote from Sheryl Crow. She only uses 2 squares of TP at a time.

Wonder with the size reduction she'll have to increase to 3 squares.

I only buy Charmin Basic TP now. It's ok on my bum and it's not so cloth like that it clogs up my toilet. Some of those thicker "soft" toilet paper brands are ridiculously thick. One or two uses of those and I have to get out the toilet plunger. Humorous side note, back years ago if you were traveling to the Soviet Union, you'd want to pack plenty of western toilet paper. Theirs was like sandpaper and western TP was prized like gold. :LOL:

Last edited:
Not that I want to be a Broken record buttt I was at a local grocery store this week and what did I notice smaller rolls of Charmin Toilet paper.

The 154 sheet rolls of Toilet paper have dropped to 142 and the 308 sheet rolls are now down to 284.

I say we are early in the transition period so if you see the larger rolls get them while you can.

Use one square. Wipe your bum with your finger and your finger with the TP rofl!
We are rather lucky. Live across the road from a shop that sells products that a either close to best by date and factory rejects. I pay just over $1 for 10 rolls of two ply. Usually not even a fault one can see.

I only buy Charmin Basic TP now. It's ok on my bum and it's not so cloth like that it clogs up my toilet. Some of those thicker "soft" toilet paper brands are ridiculously thick. One or two uses of those and I have to get out the toilet plunger. Humorous side note, back years ago if you were traveling to the Soviet Union, you'd want to pack plenty of western toilet paper. Theirs was like sandpaper and western TP was prized like gold. :LOL:
+1
The TP at the hotel we stayed at in the Bernese Alps of Switzerland was like newsprint.:(
Fortunately, there was a market next to it, and in my best fractured German I asked for the softest TP they had.
When we see the commercial on TV about the bears saying, "We can't stay in this hotel" it really cracks us up. :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom