Just One More Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
I normally do not try to tell someone to watch a tv program, only if I myself feel it is moving and applies to most people, in general.

There is tv movie titled, 'One More Day' that was produced by Oprah. Whenever she recommends something it seems to touch most everyone. My favorite actress, Ellen Burstyn, is the mother and I don't remember the son. Anyway, it is about a son, who is down on his luck and wishes to commit suicide. His mother, who has passed away, returns to him and they share some time together for another day. The previews had me in tears already. How often does that happen when we want to just say a few words to someone who has already passed away.

This story will make people think about how they would feel if it happened to them. That is one thing we do not know is when we won't be able to speak to anyone. Each day that I spent with my own mother were always appreciated knowing there would be a time when she would not be here. How different a life is when you keep this in mind that we have no control over when a life will be taken from us. Age does not make a difference. Life is truly precious if you stop to put love into the equation. I will always be forever grateful that I got to share most of my life with my precious mother.

Thanks for allowing me to express my most deepest feelings. I just hope the program is not a disappointment to you.

buckytom

almost every day, itk.

thanks for the kind and heartfelt post.

it's a little early, but let me wish you a very merry christmas.

If ever there was one person on this site that I knew I felt was a true friend, it is you. You have always been so openly kind to me and I won't forget it ever.

I sincerely wish you and your family the BEST Christmas ever. May it be one that you will always remember, and especially filled with all the love that you yourself give. Wish you many blessings filled with love.

Oh, thanks buckytom, you are the FIRST to wish me a merry Christmas both here and otherewise.

Oprah had the writer of this movie on her show the other day, I'm looking forward to seeing it even if I cry through the whole thing.
My Grandma passed away 2 years ago and I was blessed enough to be there when she died, it was the hardest thing I ever had to do, but I would not have had it any other way, I got to tell here I loved her and that I would cherish all the things we did together. Then I had to tell her it was OK to go and we'd be together again someday.

mikki

This kind of story always brings back memories that are so similar. Oprah surely knows how to touch the people. Well, I guess I won't be alone when I have to cry about this tv program. I really feel in some way even though our loved ones are 'gone' there is some connection that we may not be aware of that they are in touch. I surely know when I get frustrated and cannot find someone to help, I say out loud, mom if you are around, can you give me a hand? May sound crazy to others but the feeling leaves one way or another. I just don't want to think they are 'too far away'. I won't want to be. Better get the kleenex.

Back
Top Bottom