Just upgraded the dish package...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suziquzie

Chef Extraordinaire
YAY!!! Food channel in HD!!!!
I may be comatose soon, Guy's Big Bite starts in 20 min and I can drool in HD!!!
:mrgreen:

There seems to be more and more HD channels on Dish every week. Geesh, even "Lifetime" :ohmy:
I haven't stuck a Netflix movie in the player in well over a month. I'm surprised they haven't contacted me.

DH is oh so happy to have speed channel back, boy was he bummed it wasn't in HD.... yet I'm sure.

I'm with ya Suzi. Our HD services have been off for 3 weeks and the servicemen CANNOT find the problem. Apparently our HD box has had no signals and it's messing up all the channels. Hopefully, it should all be fixed by Thursday and we'll be getting an adjustment on our next bill.

I just lost my Guys Big Bite priveledge to toonDisney in HD.
The 4 year old has caught HD dish fever.....

I guess I'm too old for HD. I just remember back to when any picture was good,
even if it scrolled or was snowy.....

One thing I noticed about the HD channels on Dish Network (what I have), they seem a lot more likely to go out in bad weather. Then it takes forever to be able to change the channel because it's doing all its lost signal stuff. So when you regain control, switch it to the non-HD version of that channel until the weather breaks.

I guess I'm too old for HD. I just remember back to when any picture was good,
even if it scrolled or was snowy.....
I thought I was too, GF, til I got an HD television recently. I'm amazed at the difference! I found myself blinking and squinting at mom's regular definition TV.

Before I got HD, I really didn't care if the pic was snowy or had a poor signal but now, I think I'm getting spoiled. (Trying to figure out how to replace all the TVs in the house with HD!:LOL:)

One thing I noticed about the HD channels on Dish Network (what I have), they seem a lot more likely to go out in bad weather. Then it takes forever to be able to change the channel because it's doing all its lost signal stuff. So when you regain control, switch it to the non-HD version of that channel until the weather breaks.

We noticed that today actually.... the upgrade came right before a "storm"..... rain.
Like it doesn't go out enough.....
But the HD channels took forever to come back, which was annoying, because that was exactly the ones we were trying to play with!!!

I also didn't care about picture quality until forced by my gadget addicted husband.
The underwater reef shows in HD are truely breathtaking!

We noticed that today actually.... the upgrade came right before a "storm"..... rain.
Like it doesn't go out enough.....
But the HD channels took forever to come back, which was annoying, because that was exactly the ones we were trying to play with!!!

I also didn't care about picture quality until forced by my gadget addicted husband.
The underwater reef shows in HD are truely breathtaking!

They sure are.
Like I said in my or Andy's post when we were discussing HDTV, I find myself watching shows I wouldn't normally watch just because of the picture. Dumb, but true :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom