Just wanted to share

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikki

Sous Chef
I know I haven't been on much lately,(work schedule stinks)but my DD boyfriend just asked my hubby permission to marry her and now they are engaged.:shock:
I'm happy for them, but apprehensive. They are both young(18 & 19),He's in the military and leaving for Korea next week. So it will be hard for both of them.:(

Congratulations!

But I think they should set their goals and priorities before getting hitched. In case they plan to have children. It wouldn't be fare to them.

Congratulations. It is scarey but they have to make their own way - give them all the support you can and llet them know you love them whatever. My parents married at that age and stayed together until she died (33 years)

Last edited:
Congratulations to all of you..Here is to a world of happiness for them.

kadesma:)

Corey- He'll be gone for a year and he told my DD she needed to get the majority of he college in before they got married. I have told them I dont want them to get married right away, but will be there for them whatever they decide.

Hey I'm glad to see you're still around, been wondering where you've been!
DH just got a job working overnights too, having a heck of a time adjusting.
How long have DD and BF been together? Maybe they will make it work and live happily ever after.
:)

Suzi--I've been getting on DC usually in the middle of my shift, late nights stink. DD and BF have been "together" for a year and for about 6 months prior to that they were doing the high school thing of we are seeing each other now we're not game. They are good together,but are doing the young stupid argueing.

well if it makes you feel any better, DH and I saw each other, broke up, were best friends, saw each other, didn't speak for 2 years, twice, best friends again, seeing each other, from the time we were 16 til 23. Now its happily ever after! I think. :)

Mikki, RELAX!!! Things like this have a way of working out for the best interest of your kids. My DD and her BF went together on and off from the time she was in 9th grade until he asked her father for permission to ask her(20) to marry him. I HATED him for that!! They have been married for 4 years now and have a beautiful home, I have a wonderful son-in-law, and a gorgeous grandson. Be happy for your daughter, support her in any way you can, and get to know the BF as much as possible. Make sure to send him a note once in a while. :) Dawn

Last edited:
Congratulations! That is pretty young, but I know lots of people who were married that young and are really happy. My cousin was married right out of high school and is a happy mother of 4 now. As long as they are committed to each other they will be fine. See GoodWeed's advice in this thread.

Congrats! DW and I started dating when I was 19 and she was 21, got married when I was 22 and she was 24. 16 years together, 13 of them married as of last March 20th. Young marriages don't mean failure, you just have to work at it! That and of course the sooner BF learns 'yes ma'am' the better off he will be! LOL.

Dawn-- BF has been staying with us when he is home on leave,he already calls me "mama" and we've had some pretty sincere chats and he knows how I feel. I just want DD to finish college.
Mav-- He's a Texas boy so he already knows the 'yes ma'am'.

B'sgirl-- He's already doing apretty good job at putting DD first, thats why he has been staying with us, step-mom said some unkind things to DD and he told his Dad he was not staying at his house until step mom apoligized to DD.

nothing wrong with a little kimchi and a long engagement, mikki. ;)

at their age and in their circumstances (a niagara falls of emotions and hormones, threatened by a big seperation), they're looking for something to hold on to. let them have that, but impress upon them that they thought differently about things just 4 years ago, so how might they think 4 years from now.
a long engagement is good to prove the commitment and sincerity of their relationship.

Back
Top Bottom