Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm with Kimbaby. The book I read most consistently is the Bible. After that, I dabble with The Baby Whisperer for Toddlers, What to Expect the Toddler Years, and Beyond the Big Talk (about teens).

I placed it on hold at the library. It'll be a while before I get a copy. But, I'll let ya know.

Sandyj
I believe McCall Smith lived in Africa for a large part of his life - and I like the fact that he has little bits that let's you KNOW he knows his localities well. I can't speak for his Africa knowledge, but his Edinburgh knowledge is spot on!

I just picked up a copy of The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand at the library to see why everyone talks about it LOL! So far it's not bad and I see some symbolance in it but....

This was the same reason I read Catcher in the Rye. It was okay but I don't understand why it's considered a "classic".

~ Raven ~

What am I reading these days?

W-2s, 1099-INTs, checklists from the CPA, all that fun stuff....

At least I'll have it done with shortly.

John

my monthly copy of broadcast engineering.

i'm freakin riveted!!!! i can't put it down, such a page turner. :rolleyes:

Well, I just finished both last week, Dark Watch, and Sacred Stone These are Clive Cussler books that are co wrote with Jack Du Brul and Craig Dirgo,respectively. They are part of the Oregon files. Good stuff.
Also I'm part way through Pandora's Curse by Jack Du Brul. In the wings is another Du Brul book, Vulcan's Forge and Brad The Millionares.
On top of that I have a subscription to about 6 magezines that I read cover to cover.

My tv is for watching DVD's. Books are my entertainment.

What book are you reading?

Currently I am halfway through the 10th and last book in Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. I enjoyed this series so much!

Next on my list is The Chronicles of Narnia. Even though I read it as a child, I don't remember much of anything.

After that it's on to the Harry Potter series.

Then I'm open for suggestions :LOL:

I loved the Vampire series. I did not read all of them though. I don't even think I know there were 10 of them. I think I read 4 or 5 of them maybe.

I want to read The Chronicles of Narnia again. I read the whole series as a kid and loved each book more than the last. I saw the movie and while it was good, it was not magical like the books were.

I have not started it yet, but my FIL just lent me Dan Brown's Deception Point. I will probably start it this weekend.

I just finished reading Dan Brown's Digital Fortress and picked up from the book store Deception Point, and Criminal Intent by Laurie Brenton.

I have very eclectic taste in reading. Besides all the cookbooks on my bedstand that I'm reading, I recently finished Anna Karenina, & am currently 2/3 of the way through A Treasury of Cat Mysteries.

Hen's Teeth and Horse's Toes by Stephen Jay Gould.

(edited - goofed on the title, mixed it up with another book of essays by Mr. Gould, The Panda's Thumb. Most of his books are collections of essays about biology and evolution that even a non-scientific type like me can enjoy.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom