Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
same movie, dropped the mom, hiked up our skirts, stuffed our bras, sat way in the back, picked up boys, and spiked our cokes with sloe gin....:)

:LOL:

We actually saw "Woodstock" at the drivein with our moms! Couldn't bring the beer that time though. :(

"Gone with the Wind" will always hold a special place in my heart. I read that book one summer in junior high school. Mom said it was a good book for me to read. It was the longest book I had read up to that point. Coincidentally, just as I finished the book, a movie house near by was showing the 1939 movie. Mom decided we needed to go see it. We left Dad home with the little kids and just Mom and I went. What a special memory that is.

I have never read it, but have seen the film :)

My problem is I have places to be all weekend...so I'm only getting in small amounts of time to read. I can see three Baldacci's I need to read "next".

And I found an Andre Norton I hadn't heard of, two stories in one volume - The Forerunner Factor.

Thanks for the tip on Andre Norton. My kind of book. I love telepathic pets.

The only reason I haven't been reading science fiction lately, is that I pretty much have read them already.

I ordered a copy of this one from Abe Books. It's paperback and cost $8.50 including shipping. About the cost if I'd found in in a store.

Thanks for the tip on Andre Norton. My kind of book. I love telepathic pets.

The only reason I haven't been reading science fiction lately, is that I pretty much have read them already.

I ordered a copy of this one from Abe Books. It's paperback and cost $8.50 including shipping. About the cost if I'd found in in a store.

It's getting harder to find the kind of SF I like to read. Now it's all computers and such, nothing on exploration and discovery.

The last time I was able to find any quality SF was online at Baen Free Library, but they rarely add new free ones, and I've read everything there that I was interested in.

However, that left me free to get into crime fiction that I'm really enjoying.

I just received a couple of Jeffrey Deaver books, and put aside my Baldacci for later, while starting one of JD's stories with Kathryn Dance, the kinesics expert (body language) as a main character.

This character was introduced in one of the Lincoln Rhyme books, and I found her character fascinating, so I found one of his books with her as a main character. I'm psyched!

The last time I was able to find any quality SF was online at Baen Free Library, but they rarely add new free ones, and I've read everything there that I was interested in.

However, that left me free to get into crime fiction that I'm really enjoying.

I just received a couple of Jeffrey Deaver books, and put aside my Baldacci for later, while starting one of JD's stories with Kathryn Dance, the kinesics expert (body language) as a main character.

This character was introduced in one of the Lincoln Rhyme books, and I found her character fascinating, so I found one of his books with her as a main character. I'm psyched!

Love Deaver...just finished Edge, very good.

Last night I started reading Marco Pierre White's The Devil in the Kitchen: Sex, Pain, Madness, and the Making of a Great Chef :)

I am getting right into it and loving it :)

I am curious. Have any of you read any books in the far past that have stayed in your memory to this day? For me the first one was My Friend Flicka by M. O'Hara. That book turned me on to reading during my early school years. And the next one was Five Smooth Stones . A story of an interracial relationship during the fifties. The ending left me stunned. It goes into the 60's and the last sentence was the main character being shot at the same moment Kennedy was shot in Dallas and at that very same moment the interracial baby of his was born. That book has stayed in my mind all these years. There have been others, but not like these two. :angel:

My two from childhood were The Secret Garden and Anne of Green Gables.

I'm just about to finish Jeffrey Deaver's The Bodies Left Behind. (44 pages left)

I got the Andre Norton suggested by the Princess, and am excited to have that next.

Back to the Science Fiction/Fantasy again, I just ordered all of the Incarnations of Immortality. A 7 book series by Piers Anthony, a personal favorite of mine.

Abe Books had all of them available. I'll be ready when I finish the Andre Norton.

Not a bad score for 7 books for a total of less than $15.

If I'm not around much I'll have my nose stuck in a book!

I'm just about to finish Jeffrey Deaver's The Bodies Left Behind. (44 pages left)

I got the Andre Norton suggested by the Princess, and am excited to have that next.

Back to the Science Fiction/Fantasy again, I just ordered all of the Incarnations of Immortality. A 7 book series by Piers Anthony, a personal favorite of mine.

Abe Books had all of them available. I'll be ready when I finish the Andre Norton.

Not a bad score for 7 books for a total of less than $15.

If I'm not around much I'll have my nose stuck in a book!

I just found an A.E. Van Vogt compilation called, "Transgalactic" edited by Eric Flint and David Drake. Sounds really good and I have not read these stories before.

I'm mostly a cozy mysteries reader. Love the ones that include recipes (natch' :yum: ) and have tried quite a few of them. Love peoples' reactions when they ask where I got the recipe and I say "oh, a murder mystery". Usually stops their fork mid-air! :LOL: I assure them none of the recipes includes any poison. ;) There are so many authors I follow that have great character development but I've run out of their currently written books. Gotta start expanding my search to others. Having enjoyed the Margaret Truman books I'm thinking it's about time I worked my way through David Baldacci - his books are always flying off our library's shelves. Also want to read Patterson's "Women's Murder Club" series because I enjoyed the short-lived series so much. Never could get into his Alex Cross books though. Maybe those two series will be my "light reading" for this summer! :LOL:

I'll pick up a non-fiction to break up the killings. Currently reading "Francona: The Red Sox Years" since we've lived here all his Red Sox managerial time and now he's the manager for my hometown Cleveland Indians. During his tenure up here Himself (not a big baseball fan but puts up with me) would say "why can't we get a manager like that?" when Francona's post-game presser was shown during the news. Needless to say I was thrilled when I could tell him "we did!". Being a real sports nut (at neighborhood parties I'm usually the only girl in the room with the guys talking sports...) I followed a lot of the inside stuff up here when Tito was running the Red Sox. Glad to see he's with a team that has a lot less drama that goes with it. ;)

Well they're on my list! Along with a bunch of other books. If you don't die until you complete your reading wish list I should make it to 100. Would still be 2 or 3 years shy of the family record (Great Aunt Rose made it to 102 or 103) but in my family long lives with decent brains is a trait. Then again, my brain is getting toasted already. :ohmy:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom