Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am reading a DCI Monika Paniatowski Mystery, she was a protege of DCI Charlie Woodends. He retired and she is now on her own. The books are by Sally Spencer.

Just started reading "The Taste of Country Cooking" by Edna Lewis. It's a cookbook that reads like a novel, written in 1976. I'd been going through old magazines. Some of them had moved with us over a decade ago when we moved from OH, and I refuse to move them back. But I ran across an article in an old Country Living/Home that talked about Edna Lewis and she sounded interesting, so I got a book of hers from the library. Magazines will have to wait...

The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich. This is an excellent book by William L. Shirer.

Your friend,
~Cat

I just finished Stephen White's series conclusion to his Alan Gregory series of 20 novels about a protagonist who is a clinical psychologist (Psy.D.) in Boulder Colorado (by an author who is also a Psy.D. in Boulder). It was a great series!!!

I highly recommend it, but start with #1, not in the middle of the series. And be warned, the 19th (Line of Fire) and 20th concluding sequel (Compound Fractures) are part 1 and part 2, with the 19th novel leaving things up in the air.

Anybody who is interested in this psychological suspense series should start with Privileged Information (1991) and then continue in order of publishing date.

The two book series conclusion was one of the best novels I've ever read!

The source of magic by Anthony Piers

I've read that one! Although not since junior high. Hmmm. I should see if I can find it and read it again. I remember liking it and I think I remember the general storyline but it's all pretty foggy. I do remeber it was before the series became more about how many puns could be crammed into the book than telling a story. Let us know how you like it.

The memoir from Amanda Knox, 'Waiting to be Heard.'

Also 'Don't Make a Scene' by Valerie Block. The leading character runs a small, boutique-sized cinema in NYC where she chooses a weekly theme and features usually old, sometimes b&w movies to fit the theme. Many clever references to filmdom.

Also in my book bag is the second novel by an author new to me, but not new by any means. This one is 'Cutthroat Gulch' by Richard Wheeler - he writes stories that take place in the not-too-Old West but (IMHO) are a cut above the usual. The cutthroats here are trout; the detective work is done on horseback. :)

I am reading "Long Time No See" by Susan Isaacs.

I just noticed this thread and will no doubt read through the whole thing to see who read what I read. I am always reading something. I prefer mysteries, with a romantic twist.

I picked up Bill Bryson's "One Summer : America 1927" in Tesco today.

Non-fiction and very entertaining. I started to read it while still in the car park and eventually put it down to go home an hour later. I enjoy his writing and I'm not disappointed in this one. I recommend it

Back
Top Bottom