Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Night, by,Elie Wiesel.
My daughter read it, then started asking me about it. She said, she had heard some and read some in high school, but til now, it was like a dream to her. So, now I re-read about this so it doesn't become a dream and is remembered and allowed to never happen again.

kadesma

Thanks Pds,
It's something, I feel needs to be done for me. It's easy to forget and hard to remember, but, we must.

kadesma

I am reading The Complete Idiots Guide to Cigars. The Idiot and Dummy books are very informational and fun to read . I have several of them.I hate Fiction......well except for the Bible.

kadesma said:
Thanks Pds,
It's something, I feel needs to be done for me. It's easy to forget and hard to remember, but, we must.

kadesma

here's another one along that line, although not about the Jews:

The Gathering Storm, by Winston Churchill - the first book in his series about WW2. In fact I was just thinking about re-reading this one myself.

mudbug said:
here's another one along that line, although not about the Jews:

The Gathering Storm, by Winston Churchill - the first book in his series about WW2. In fact I was just thinking about re-reading this one myself.
Thanks mudbug, I think I'll join you.

kadesma

At work - about how old WW2 munitions can be blown up without causing an environmental mess (very tricky, but a good thing)

At home - finished my trashy beach reads finally (not impressed with Ms. J. Evanovich) and resuming essays by Stephen Jay Gould about evolution, but not really into it.

At work - about how old WW2 munitions can be blown up without causing an environmental mess (very tricky, but a good thing)

At home - finished my trashy beach reads finally (not impressed with Ms. J. Evanovich) and resuming essays by Stephen Jay Gould about evolution, but not really into it.

I'm rereading the classics. Right now I'm in the middle of Vanity Fair...that book is 4" thick with tiny writing so I should be finished about this time next year.

I picked up Square Foot Gardening and have been getting some wonderful ideas for my future gardens. :)

Half-baked, I've considered re-readng the classics, but ****ed it, can't really get into re-reading when there are so many books I haven't read the first time around.

But Square Foot Gardener is the best book around for learning to garden. Even if you don't have a square foot garden (I've had several), it really teaches you a lot.

I will say most of my reading is for entertainment, not for education. Anyone out there a Larry McMurtry fan? Just finished his latest.

Hmmm. Just reread what I wrote ... and I cannot imagine what word I used there that got bleeped. I don't swear a lot, and am trying to fit in obscene words that would fit in that sentence .... and that I would actually use. Oh, well. Sorry.

What are you reading?

I'm an avid reader and my DH is, too. Our house is filled with all kinds of books and it's not unusual for me to have three books "working" at once. I read an average of one to two books a week and am just now finishing up The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux. It's a fascinating book and, after watching the DVD of the same name last weekend, it paints amazing pictures in my head.

The book I am going to read next is Fork it Over: The Intrepid Adventures of a Professional Eater by Alan Richman. In it he describes his experiences as a food critic and, from what I gleaned from skimming it, it is going to be a funny read.

What are you folks reading out there?

My DH can't do anything anymore but sit and read. He reads a book a day. He likes Westerns, Mysteries and Spy Stories. ( paperback books)

Back
Top Bottom