Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm trying a new author by the name of Jo Nesbo. The Bat is the first in the Harry Hole series. Just started the book but so far so good.

I'm intrigued by the Cheese Shop Mysteries. That sounds like something right up my alley. Of course, I would have to stock up on cheese to really immerse myself properly. =o)

Pure torture...:LOL: Cheese and Book Pairing Party...

The "Cheese Shop" mysteries are tasty! Avery Aames - A Cheese Shop Mystery series

I'm back to reading my way through magazines. I was >this.close< to finishing the stack of old ones I had, some of which had moved to MA with us. :ohmy: I checked out what kind of offers I could get for my Recylebank points and settled on three magazines. Since then it seems like I get a new copy sooner than once a week! Got to blow through the couple I have before my next requested book is available at the library.

Trip-to-Echo-Spring.jpg

Just going to start a book someone gave me...It's the 1st book in a 3 book series..The first is "Six months to live" then on to "I want to live" & the final one is "So much to live for" all written by Lurlene Daniels.

I'm halfway through The Widow File by S.G. Redling.

I had a hard time getting into it (maybe that was just me) but then it started to make sense and I got caught up in it.

"Dani, a data analyst with an elite security firm, possesses the unnerving ability to read people by the trash they leave behind. Receipts, parking tickets, the detritus of daily life—if you leave it behind, she will figure you out.
Her latest case involves high-tech industrial espionage at a corporation with ties to the military. But when a team of assassins sweeps through the firm, stealing all files and killing her coworkers, Dani narrowly escapes. Whoever ordered the strike thinks Dani has vital information and they put a hit man named Booker on her trail.

Armed with only her wits and a bag of random investigation materials, Dani must figure out who the enemy really is while playing a high-stakes game of cat and mouse with the cunning hit man who has an agenda of his own."

The Widow File: S.G. Redling: 9781477808610: Amazon.com: Books

Maybe I like it because of Dani's ability to 'read' trash! Just up my alley! ;)

I'm reading "Lost: Cinderella's Secret Diary" by Ron Vitale. It is now 4 years after she married the Prince and all is not happily ever after. It's kind of interesting reading.

I just finished "What's so Funny?" Tim Conway's autobiography. I really enjoyed it since he grew up in Chagrin Falls near my hometown and graduated from BGSU where my dad went to school. In fact, they were there at the same time with Tim 2 years ahead of my dad. Now I've gotten into "This Hallowed Ground" which is the history of Arlington National Cemetery. I thought I'd read this since DH is currently working there on the Millennium Project. It's been a great read so far. Starts out with the history of the plantation and how it became the cemetery and moves through history all the way to today. There are lots of interesting stories. The chapter on Kennedy gave a lot of insight into the planning for that funeral. Also, the part I'm reading now dealt with 9/11 and the Pentagon attack. Very good stuff.

I just finished "What's so Funny?" Tim Conway's autobiography. I really enjoyed it since he grew up in Chagrin Falls near my hometown and graduated from BGSU where my dad went to school. In fact, they were there at the same time with Tim 2 years ahead of my dad. Now I've gotten into "This Hallowed Ground" which is the history of Arlington National Cemetery. I thought I'd read this since DH is currently working there on the Millennium Project. It's been a great read so far. Starts out with the history of the plantation and how it became the cemetery and moves through history all the way to today. There are lots of interesting stories. The chapter on Kennedy gave a lot of insight into the planning for that funeral. Also, the part I'm reading now dealt with 9/11 and the Pentagon attack. Very good stuff.

Jabbur, I hope you mean "On Hallowed Ground" as I went to Amazon to find the title you said and could not find that one about Arlington, enough on the Civil War. The "On" title was about Arlington. Any way, I got the "On" title and should have it by next Friday.

Last edited:
You probably got the same one PF. I didn't have my kindle nearby when I was typing and used my faulty memory. Lots of stories about different soldiers too throughout history.

It's purchase helped me use my "settlement" payment from Amazon's class action suit over e-books, all $6.57 of it. LOL!! The book was $6.70, I ended up adding extra stuff to my order because I was not going to pay shipping for something I only paid 13 cents for...:LOL::ROFLMAO:

I got a settlement from Amazon too, for $4.72, I think. Will try to spend it wisely.

I'm debating whether to start on "12 Years a Slave" or to finish Konrath's "The List". Maybe both.

Half way through Alligient, the last book of the Divergence series. I've really enjoyed this series, full of action and great storyline.

Just finished a short story Balzac and a Little Mistress. If you like reading, if you like a little Chinese history. This is interesting light read.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

It's purchase helped me use my "settlement" payment from Amazon's class action suit over e-books, all $6.57 of it. LOL!! The book was $6.70, I ended up adding extra stuff to my order because I was not going to pay shipping for something I only paid 13 cents for...:LOL::ROFLMAO:

This is why I love Amazon Prime. I spend enough on shipping with Amazon every year to justify the membership, and the movies are an added bonus. :)

This is why I love Amazon Prime. I spend enough on shipping with Amazon every year to justify the membership, and the movies are an added bonus. :)

Actually got 3 Blue-Ray Movies for a really good price to get me up over $35. We got a new DVD/Blue-Ray last weekend since our DVD player finally went 4 paws up. I guess I will have to look at Amazon Prime a bit more closely.

Back
Top Bottom