Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I finally took my coding book to work, figured they may as well pay me while I am setting up the coding class for them. My first class is in two weeks, I'll be teaching.

I'm taking my classes online. It helps because I can do stuff around the house during the day then study at night.

I took my class online and when our Administrator found out she asked if I would teach our Medical Records and Admissions departments the coding system. Coding is helpful for my position, but not necessary, I just like making sure the coding is correct and believe a person with medical training should be overseeing our non-medical departments.

Finished my mystery book at mumble:00 this morning. Time to take a break from books again - two magazines came in the past couple days and I do not want to get backed up on those things again. :LOL: Also, I tend to read fewer books during baseball season. Only so many hours in the day. *sigh*

I finished re-reading "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" by Mitch Albom the other day. It's a beautiful story about how people we encountered on Earth influenced our lives. I loved it again :)

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

I'm reading the Jonathon's Bass Cut to the Bone: A Body Farm Novel

"Jefferson Bass’s Cut to the Bone, the long-awaited prequel to his New York Times bestselling mystery series, turns the clock back to reveal the Body Farm's creation—and Dr. Bill Brockton's deadly duel with a serial killer."

Anything that has a high body count, a serial killer and insects chomping on corpses is all right in MY book!
Not a great book but it fulfills my needs. (Evil laugh inserted here):evil:

(Only 1.99 on my Kindle)

I'm getting ready to start To Brie Or Not To Brie. A cheese shop mystery. I'm enjoying this series. And my frig is stocked with cheese. =o)

mmyap, I LOOVE Avery Aames' books! And we go through a lot of cheese while I'm reading them. :LOL: I finished the last one she's written in the Cheese Shop Mysteries (with promise of more to come). I haven't read any of her Cookbook Nook books yet, written under her real name of Daryl Woods Gerber. They're next, as soon as I catch up on a couple other authors.

mmyap, I LOOVE Avery Aames' books! And we go through a lot of cheese while I'm reading them. :LOL:

I'm in good company then. It goes without saying that I'm avoiding any mystery series that take place in a liquor / wine shop. I'd need to start looking for a twelve step program. I'm way to suggestible.:ROFLMAO:

Then I suppose it goes without saying that you really don't want to know how good Michele Scott's "Wine Lovers Mystery Series" is, huh? :ermm: If it's any consolation, I haven't been drinking any more because most of the wines she mentions by name are above my pay grade. :LOL:

For anyone who loves the cozy mystery genre, I enjoy looking for authors and book selections on this website: Cozy-Mystery.Com

I'm reading the Jonathon's Bass Cut to the Bone: A Body Farm Novel

"Jefferson Bass’s Cut to the Bone, the long-awaited prequel to his New York Times bestselling mystery series, turns the clock back to reveal the Body Farm's creation—and Dr. Bill Brockton's deadly duel with a serial killer."

Anything that has a high body count, a serial killer and insects chomping on corpses is all right in MY book!
Not a great book but it fulfills my needs. (Evil laugh inserted here):evil:

(Only 1.99 on my Kindle)

Thanks for the reminder, I've been waiting for this book. I love the Body Farm Books. I've actually considered taking some Forensic Nursing courses.

Then I suppose it goes without saying that you really don't want to know how good Michele Scott's "Wine Lovers Mystery Series" is, huh? :ermm: If it's any consolation, I haven't been drinking any more because most of the wines she mentions by name are above my pay grade. :LOL:

For anyone who loves the cozy mystery genre, I enjoy looking for authors and book selections on this website: Cozy-Mystery.Com

Thank you for the website info! I'll definitely be visiting there soon.

I love wine but I manage to enjoy modestly priced ones just fine. Don't want to develope a taste for the high muckety-muck kind. I'm on a low muckety-muck budget.

Thanks for the reminder, I've been waiting for this book. I love the Body Farm Books. I've actually considered taking some Forensic Nursing courses.

I would think a Forensic Nursing course would be great! When taking microbiology for Dental Hygiene, forensics was a fairly new 'thing' (at least for the public) and I considered taking Forensic Microbiology and dropping Dental Hygiene. But I didn't---- needed to make money immediately.

I've started, "The Finisher", by David Baldacci, it's juvenile fiction similar to Hunger Games and Divergence. Shrek says "The Finisher" ends like it could be continued.

Finished the Divergence Series last night, wonderful stories.

Picked up Diane Mott Davidson's latest Goldie Schulz mystery "The Whole Enchilada". First thing I do with her books is check the recipes. A couple sound good, but I especially enjoyed the first ingredient, with comments, for the "Love-Me-Tenderloin Grilled Steaks". It reads: (use prime grade from Costco, if at all possible). :LOL: Immediately thought of all you lucky people within reasonable distance to a Costco! If we end up moving back to the city I'd like to live in OH, we'll be about 15 miles away from a Costco. :)

You liked the Divergent series, Princess Fiona? I liked the first two but really struggled with the third. The two-narrators-with-nearly-identical-mental-voices thing threw me off from the start and then the deeper I got in, the more difficult it became for me to keep reading. The book club I'm in was a 50/50 split. Half loved it, half hated it.

You liked the Divergent series, Princess Fiona? I liked the first two but really struggled with the third. The two-narrators-with-nearly-identical-mental-voices thing threw me off from the start and then the deeper I got in, the more difficult it became for me to keep reading. The book club I'm in was a 50/50 split. Half loved it, half hated it.

I agree the 2 narrators was difficult, I would have to back up and see who's name was on the chapter. But I enjoyed the story, not wanting to make any spoilers for anyone who has not read the series, yet...hard to discuss the third book. I was glad Shrek wouldn't talk to me about it.

Back
Top Bottom