Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Picked up three books from the library yesterday - two "Cackleberry Club" and a "Hannah Swenson Cookie Jar" mystery. Weather looks to be milder the next couple of days, so I should be spending a little time every evening with my book friends and a glass of wine.

Winter at Deaths Hotel.... Kenneth Cameron
A Louisa Conan Doyle mystery

Next is
A False Mirror.... Charles Todd
An Inspector Ian Rutledge Mystery

Ross

Last edited:
Read Stephen King - Duma Key, Stephen Dobyns - Boy in the water and my Daughters school reader ( I am David - Anne Holm) Running out of books to read so got a stack at our book exxhange.

I got hooked on 2 series by CLR Dougherty. One is the Connie Berrara series, about a woman and her husband running a charter yacht in the Caribbean. The other is the Bluewater series, about two young ladies running a charter operation.
They run afoul of all kinds of people, and have a cast of island characters that is great.
All of these women "take no prisoners" and it is great to see them represented that way instead of as "shrinking violets"
I just e-mailed the author and suggested he add a diagram of the sailboat showing the names of the various sails he mentions in his books. He thanked me for the suggestion and said he would in a future book.
I also have been reading 2 series by Hope Callaghan. One is about a Mafia widow that moves to Savannah with her son and daughter. The other series is about Millie, a middle aged divorcee who is the assistant cruise director on a cruise ship and is always solving mysteries.

I have little notebooks that I keep--I jot down interesting phrases, etc. from books. I just love words and love to read. I will read just about anything.
Read the Diary of Lazarus Long from Time Enough for Love by Heinlein. He has some really pithy sayings.

I just finished "By the Numbers" by Jen Lancaster for my book club meeting Tuesday. Loved it! I laughed out loud many times and didn't want it to end. Very highly recommended.

I just finished "By the Numbers" by Jen Lancaster for my book club meeting Tuesday. Loved it! I laughed out loud many times and didn't want it to end. Very highly recommended.
It looks very good, I added it to my list!

The Adoration of Jenna Fox, by Mary E. Pearson. It's my Niece's summer reading project and I swiped the book for a couple nights. Excellent story!

I just started reading a series of 19 books by Jeanne M. Dams. They are about Dorothy Martin. She is an American widow who moved to a village in England and turns to her talents of amateur sleuthing.

Last week I discovered Bill Roorbach... Don't know why I hadn't seen his work before..

To date I've read Life Among Giants and The Remedy for Love..

The way he weaves his characters in and out of his stories intrigues me..
There is a bit more sex than I am used to, in most of the books I read but, its so much a part of his story that I hope that wouldn't turn readers away from how he puts together a story... I hope to find more if not all his books in my online library..

Ross

Before our trip to Savannah this month, I had been alerted by a friend about a book called "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil". It's a true-life story (and real adventure!) about the city and some of her more colorful citizens, centered around and spun off from the main story about a murder...and the four trials that the accused went through until he was found not guilty! It was an interesting read - I'm planning on ordering up the movie from our library after the holidays.

A book the movie "The Turning Point" is based on. It's called "Ballerina" by Edward Stewart and if you ever wanted to know what the ballet dancers go through to become what they are, this is the book to read.

Back
Top Bottom