Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Omigosh! Love, love, love Patterson's "Women's Murder Club." My advice is to read them in order. If you do this, you will learn to get acquainted with all the characters and love them like I do. Such a fun bunch of reading. I've finally caught up to the last one #17, I think.

Three cheers for Patterson's "Women's Murder Club!!"

Katie, I've been wanting to get into this series for some time and since "The First to Die" is the first, I started it not long ago. It's really good so far and I'm looking forward to the long ride of the series.

Katie, I've been wanting to get into this series for some time and since "The First to Die" is the first, I started it not long ago. It's really good so far and I'm looking forward to the long ride of the series.

Yep, yep, yeppers. You will have a long and enjoyable ride. As the series progresses, you will come to love some (or all) of the characters.

Happy reading!

I just blew through Patterson's "3rd Degree" on Wednesday. Decided to read a few chapters about 2:00 AM - and quit about 3:30 AM when I got to Chapter 40. :ermm: They are very short chapters, some taking only portions of twin, facing pages, :LOL: so I read about 100 pages. Started it up again later in the afternoon, and snapped the book shut around 8:00 PM. Since dinner was leftovers, I had time on my hands while the dishwasher and laundry machines were making my life easy.

Before I read "3rd Degree", I read Joanne Fluke's "Raspberry Danish Murder". I've also been going through the two cookbooks. Need to try a couple of recipes sometime soon.

Last edited:
I just blew through Patterson's "3rd Degree" on Wednesday. Decided to read a few chapters about 2:00 AM - and quit about 3:30 AM when I got to Chapter 40. :ermm: They are very short chapters, some taking only portions of twin, facing pages, :LOL: so I read about 100 pages. Started it up again later in the afternoon, and snapped the book shut around 8:00 PM. Since dinner was leftovers, I had time on my hands while the dishwasher and laundry machines were making my life easy.

Before I read "3rd Degree", I read Joanne Fluke's "Raspberry Danish Murder". I've also been going through the two cookbooks. Need to try a couple of recipes sometime soon.

It must be a Patterson quirk CG. In "First to Die" the chapters are only 2 to 4 pages. It's very odd and somewhat distracting. Beats me why he does that. I'm at page #384 and chapter 105. lol

Last edited:
I've been re-reading the "Haunted Bookshop Mysteries" by Alice Kimberly. After a long absence (I believe it's been publisher problems, or some such thing like that), the sixth book in the series has just been released - I believe under her and her hubby's pen name of Cleo Coyle. I've already re-read the first three books; the next in line is showing as "in transit" through the library system to my local branch. I hope it gets there before I do tomorrow, since I have to stop and get a different book that is waiting for me.

I'm also bouncing back and forth between two other books: the aforementioned "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" from tenspeed's recent joke post on the Halloween Candy thread. and "Art of the Pie" by Kate McDermott. The photos are drool-worthy, but I like the philosophy tidbits throughout the pie lessons even more.

I’ve been reading Tigana by Guy Gabrielle Kay. A fantasy novel about sorcery, politics, and revenge. It’s probably the third or fourth time I’ve read it.

I’ll probably read his trilogy next, and then I’ll spend an afternoon with Life Among the Savages by Shirley Jackson. An hilarious account of raising children. Another one of my top ten favorites.

Another one of my fVorited is Contact by Carl Sagan. The movie with Jody Foster was amusing but didn’t do the book justice. It’s about time for me to reread it

Oh, and John Varley’s Titan trilogy is due for another reading too. Now THAT’S a fascinating piece of what I like like to call “speculative fiction,” although most people would call it sci-fi.

Just finished “The President Is Missing” by James Patterson and Bill Clinton.

Just downloaded “Inferno” by Dan Brown.

For my book club, I'm reading "Alias Grace" by Margaret Atwood. It's about a young woman servant in Canada during the 1850s who has been convicted of murdering her former employer. It moves rather slowly, but it's interesting to read about servant life back then. Sort of like Downton Abbey.

No one reading since Nov??.. ;)

I'm in the middle of " Alias Grace" by Margaret Atwood..

Just discovered that it came out as a series on Netflix in 2017..

I think we will watch it..

Ross

No one reading since Nov??.. ;)

I'm in the middle of " Alias Grace" by Margaret Atwood..

Just discovered that it came out as a series on Netflix in 2017..

I think we will watch it..

Ross
My book club read that for November. I thought it was well-written but the ending was unsatisfying. Let me know what you think when you finish it.

George R.R. Martin - Fire and Blood
David Baldacci - Vega Jane Trilogy
David Lagercrantz - The Girl Who Takes An Eye For An Eye
Louise Riotte - Carrots Love Tomatoes - Secrets of Companion Planting for Successful Gardening

The Baldacci in order, but I have bookmarks in each book and read whatever I feel like at the time. As I finish one I put the next in the stack into rotation. This list will be different next week.

My book club read that for November. I thought it was well-written but the ending was unsatisfying. Let me know what you think when you finish it.

I have just finished "Alias Grace"..

Overall I thought the ending to be good.. My one disappointment was with the final characters..

I can't express that disappointment here as to not spoil anything for someone who might want to read the book..

I will PM you with my thoughts..

Ross

I have just finished "Alias Grace"..

Overall I thought the ending to be good.. My one disappointment was with the final characters..

I can't express that disappointment here as to not spoil anything for someone who might want to read the book..

I will PM you with my thoughts..

Ross
Thanks [emoji2]

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned these books. 398 pages to read here. Yikes

I just finished book #19 in the Randy Wayne White's "Doc Ford" series. Set in Florida.

My next favorite is Stuart Woods "Stone Barrington" series. I think there are over 30 books.

Once in a while I will read something else in between these two series. lol

I just love to read!

Back
Top Bottom