Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love mysteries of any sort, and English ones are great. I also love the "Odd" series of novels. The fact is that I love to read, period. I usually have a couple of "serious" reading going on, and a book I'm reading aloud to "my gals" (a blind lady and one who is house-bound because of arthritis). Now I'm in the middle of a biography of Georges Simenon, alsoI The Measure of a Man, and just for fun, a few murder mysteries. By the way, support your local library. Our local has a St Valentine's day card sale. I usually do some kind of bead work and attach it to a card. This is a great fund raiser. I do a couple of hours of volunteer work for the project. It is fun.

If you like English crime fiction/mystery do see if you can get hold of any by Hazel Holt, they are excellent; also Jacqueline Winspear and Richard Pitman. Very good indeed.

I go through books too fast to be caught reading one "now". The one I hope to read next is East of the Sun, West of the Moon by John Ringo. As soon as I find it in paperback (possibly today).

In fact I may make a special trip to the mall...

Finished JOB, onto Long Dark Teatime of the Soul by Douglas Adams.
I have his collectors edition Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series in leather bound hardcover.
Was worth the price for me.

Which is a funny coincidence, if have ever read JOB you would understand. If not read the description of JOB and I think you will get it.
That's interesting--I just read Esther this morning (well, technically yesterday morning) and am starting the book of Job (in the Bible, not the interesting looking book you showed) tomorrow.

I just read Redeeming Love, by Francine Rivers. It is a novel, based on the book of Hosea from the Bible.

I started reading James Michener's Caribbean earlier last year but kind of put it on hold for awhile. I am getting back in to that right now.

:)Barbara

What a great idea...

I love mysteries of any sort, and English ones are great. I also love the "Odd" series of novels. The fact is that I love to read, period. I usually have a couple of "serious" reading going on, and a book I'm reading aloud to "my gals" (a blind lady and one who is house-bound because of arthritis). Now I'm in the middle of a biography of Georges Simenon, alsoI The Measure of a Man, and just for fun, a few murder mysteries. By the way, support your local library. Our local has a St Valentine's day card sale. I usually do some kind of bead work and attach it to a card. This is a great fund raiser. I do a couple of hours of volunteer work for the project. It is fun.

Csalt, I never thought about doing something like reading to older people, I might look into this. How did you get into this?

That's interesting--I just read Esther this morning (well, technically yesterday morning) and am starting the book of Job (in the Bible, not the interesting looking book you showed) tomorrow.

I just read Redeeming Love, by Francine Rivers. It is a novel, based on the book of Hosea from the Bible.

I started reading James Michener's Caribbean earlier last year but kind of put it on hold for awhile. I am getting back in to that right now.

:)Barbara

That reminds me, forgot I had this book and haven't even read it yet:
The Lost Gospel: Book Review by Laura Knight-Jadczyk
It looked interesting, I should get to that one next, LOL.
I think I heard of Redeeming Love, I have to check but I think that one might be on my wife's list.

Shadow Music, Julie Garwood. Its been too danged cold to get to the library so I'm relying on the kindness of my neighbors in a book share.

The Golden Compass trilogy--I am just starting the third book.

Also a couple of Michael Pollan's books--The Botany of Desire and another one about gardening, can't remember the name.

I really enjoyed all the books from His Dark Materials. I'd love to see the Golden Compass movie. It looks like its well done.

I'm kinda on book hiatus right now. I need to find something good.

My daughter tried the Golden Compass series and didn't find it grabbed her. So I never bothered. I think the movie might be Ok though.

My daughter swears that "Atonement" is great and better than the movie--I loaned it to a traveling friend on a five hour flight from from Frankfurt to Kazakhstan and she didn't lift her head once and she had seen the movie. She said it was "excellent" and better than the movie. So I'm looking forward to reading it whenever I get it back.

I just finished Ken Follett's epic "World Without End", which was a sequel to his "Pillars of the Earth".

Good read, if you can put up with 900 pages of small print :LOL:

I don't seem to have time to read much these days. I am listening to a book on CD though. WATER FOR ELEPHANTS. I'm only into the first chapter but so far it's great.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom