Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is one of the best books I've read in a long time. I heard about it from my bf, he said people in his office were talking about it and how funny it was. This particular book by Bill Bryson is called "A Walk in the Woods" and tells about his actual trip hiking the Appalachian Trail, and his un-natural fear of bears and while on the trail meets a bizarre assortment of hilarious characters.

Also, has anybody checked out the new Kindle from Amazon. I got one for a present for Christmas and love it. You simply set up your payment method on amazon and click one button to purchase then transfer it over to the kindle and you have all your books stored on this electronic reader. It also allows you to shop on Amazon, play music, and store books onto a memory card and receive daily newspapers. Just wondering what you think of it?

I loved "A Walk in the Woods"---Bill Bryson's descriptions of what to do when faced with bears was hilarious and of course the odd, quirky people that he met along the way made for an interesting read.

Just finished Christopher Robbins' "In Search of Kazakhstan--the Land that Disappeared" ---since I live here I found it to be humorous as well as informative---learned about the suffering that the people of K. endured under the Soviet years---so sad and yet today they are one of the most stable countries, with lots of petrol and mineral $$$ and moving forward. There is peace here and all religions are tolerated.

Among other things, I'm reading Henry and Beezus by Beverly Cleary. It's the second in a series of books involving a little boy named Henry Huggins. We gave our 8-year-old grandson the first book for his birthday earlier this month. He lives in Atlanta, GA and we're "reading" the books together. I read the first one before we sent it to him so, as you could say, we're on the same page with the the stories.

I just got the new book "Benazir Bhutto: Reconciliation" from B&N, I've only made it in about a chapter, but I'm very excited to hear what she had to say.

Bloodletting and Miraculous Cures by Vincent Lam
Throughout the day, several textbooks, 1 of which dropped on my foot.

Just started listening to T IS FOR TRESSPASS. It's another book on tape. I just don't have time to read these days.

I am reading, 'Don't wake me at Doyles' By Maura Murphy. Very highly recommended memoir. Also reading 'Lessons in Heartbreak' By Cathy Kelly. I sometimes have two books going at the same time, on in the car if I am early for school pick-up and another in the house. They are both great.

Me, I am reading at the moment "WE are their heaven" by Alison DuBouir, then I have her next book to finish, Yes I started it then lent it to a friend, she lent me hers as hers was before mine and she had finished it, But normally I will read anything Spooky or a Thriller, I love Stephen King,and anyone else that is a Thriller writer or Spooky, I LOVE IT.

Back
Top Bottom