Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle is an amazing writing; a transformation of oneself. This book is changing my life and my perception of life as well as my purpose for everything. If you feel it's that time in your life when you need a positive change, read it. It will certainly enlighten you.

I'm reading Two Little Girls in Blue, by Mary Higgins Clark. It was the perfect choice for traveling (airplane, lay-overs, a little time now and then at night during my visit) since the chapters are so short. Plus I just love her books.

:)Barbara

I'm re-reading LOOK AWAY BEULAH LAND it's an old book set in the time of the civil war.
Romance and murder and family stories.

About to start the collected works of Frederic Bastiat. I just finished Empire by Orson Scott Card.

I am also going to read the Golden Compass series. I didn't like the movie but I heard the books were good. Just waiting for them to be delivered, I ordered them online a few weeks ago.

started again
The Pillars of the Earth - Ken Follet

want to read "World Without End" wich is the follower, so I want to know what happened..
It's years ago I read the Pillars..

Memory Keeper's Daughter
Barbara, I loved that book! Sure went through a lot of kleenex reading it. I'm reading "A Goose In Toulouse: and Other Culinary Adventures In France " by Mort Rosenblum. What a fun read! Here's part of a review:

A Goose in Toulouse examines some of France's most significant contributions to the table in a series of essays covering Roquefort cheese, cassoulet, champagne, goat cheese, truffles.

I just got done reading Peter Robinson's latest book in the Chief Inspector Alan Banks series. It is called "Friend Of The Devil". I loved all of his books, but this one is absolutely the best. Can hardly wait for the next one.

I just finished Eclipse which is the third book in the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyers. I am a middle school teacher and a lot of my students are reading these books. I was TOTALLY hooked on this series and flew through the books!! The fourth is set to come out this August and they are putting out a movie in December! The story is one of a Vampire, Edward, who falls in love with a human, Bella. These are great books but let me warn you....if you start reading Twilight make sure you have on hand the the time to read New Moon and Eclipse!!!

I am reading Cell, by Stephen King. It is a hard one to put down! I find myself looking at people on cell phones a little differently now! *shudder!!*

:)Barbara

now that was true stephen king, i read it in one sitting with only snack and cigs breaks.lol

but then that is how i read needful things, one of his best , i think. the movie was a stinker. most of movies i have seen of his books are just awful.

babe:cool:

Barbara, I loved that book! Sure went through a lot of kleenex reading it. I'm reading "A Goose In Toulouse: and Other Culinary Adventures In France " by Mort Rosenblum. What a fun read! Here's part of a review:

A Goose in Toulouse examines some of France's most significant contributions to the table in a series of essays covering Roquefort cheese, cassoulet, champagne, goat cheese, truffles.

Loprraine,
I loved the book too, a friend told me they were doing the movie on Life Time this week and she said it was not very well done.

I just got the new Harlan Coben one - Hold Tight, starts out fast just like all of his books, can't put them down!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom