"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-07-2014, 12:24 PM   #3301
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I finally took my coding book to work, figured they may as well pay me while I am setting up the coding class for them. My first class is in two weeks, I'll be teaching.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:25 PM   #3302
Senior Cook

I'm taking my classes online. It helps because I can do stuff around the house during the day then study at night.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:42 PM   #3303
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmmytunes View Post
I'm taking my classes online. It helps because I can do stuff around the house during the day then study at night.
I took my class online and when our Administrator found out she asked if I would teach our Medical Records and Admissions departments the coding system. Coding is helpful for my position, but not necessary, I just like making sure the coding is correct and believe a person with medical training should be overseeing our non-medical departments.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:28 PM   #3304
Master Chef

Finished my mystery book at mumble:00 this morning. Time to take a break from books again - two magazines came in the past couple days and I do not want to get backed up on those things again. Also, I tend to read fewer books during baseball season. Only so many hours in the day. *sigh*
Old 04-10-2014, 02:49 PM   #3305
Chef Extraordinaire

I finished re-reading "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" by Mitch Albom the other day. It's a beautiful story about how people we encountered on Earth influenced our lives. I loved it again

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Discuss Cooking mobile app
Old 04-10-2014, 03:01 PM   #3306
Head Chef

I'm reading the Jonathon's Bass Cut to the Bone: A Body Farm Novel

"Jefferson Bass’s Cut to the Bone, the long-awaited prequel to his New York Times bestselling mystery series, turns the clock back to reveal the Body Farm's creation—and Dr. Bill Brockton's deadly duel with a serial killer."

Anything that has a high body count, a serial killer and insects chomping on corpses is all right in MY book!
Not a great book but it fulfills my needs. (Evil laugh inserted here)

(Only 1.99 on my Kindle)
Old 04-10-2014, 03:19 PM   #3307
Sous Chef

I'm getting ready to start To Brie Or Not To Brie. A cheese shop mystery. I'm enjoying this series. And my frig is stocked with cheese. =o)
Old 04-10-2014, 05:12 PM   #3308
Master Chef

mmyap, I LOOVE Avery Aames' books! And we go through a lot of cheese while I'm reading them. I finished the last one she's written in the Cheese Shop Mysteries (with promise of more to come). I haven't read any of her Cookbook Nook books yet, written under her real name of Daryl Woods Gerber. They're next, as soon as I catch up on a couple other authors.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:18 PM   #3309
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
mmyap, I LOOVE Avery Aames' books! And we go through a lot of cheese while I'm reading them.
I'm in good company then. It goes without saying that I'm avoiding any mystery series that take place in a liquor / wine shop. I'd need to start looking for a twelve step program. I'm way to suggestible.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:45 PM   #3310
Master Chef

Then I suppose it goes without saying that you really don't want to know how good Michele Scott's "Wine Lovers Mystery Series" is, huh? If it's any consolation, I haven't been drinking any more because most of the wines she mentions by name are above my pay grade.

For anyone who loves the cozy mystery genre, I enjoy looking for authors and book selections on this website: Cozy-Mystery.Com