Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll read just about anything also. :) I'm currently reading "Strapless" and "Four Letters of Love". Normally I only read one book at a time, but somehow one got misplaced when I was about 1/2 way through so I started another, now I'm just working through them both.

My middle daughter Monica, gave me a book last night that she just finished, said I HAVE to read it because it's SO good. "Meet Samantha, An American Girl - Book One". It's a 55 page book and at the end there are a few pages of what life was like in 1904, she really enjoyed it and it will be a quick read. I love reading my kids books including my own. :)

my daughter has given me some great books.......she read everything that I had in my library.....I'm glad I had some good stuff along with the fluff for her sake........her English teachers in high school were impressed.......I wished that I had had more.......your kids will surprise you one day.......be ready..........have good books on hand..........

Making my way through a large selection of Edward Albee.
Just finished Micheal Pollan's, In Defense of Food.

just finished "i did it" name was changed from "if i did it" engrossing. got it about noon and read all day.not sure just yet of how i feel about it. will edit when i do.

babe:cool:

i'm back! the part that was supposed to be written by o.j. was very short and not in speech patterns he would use. it was very graphic. as were the photos in book, VERY GRAPHIC. the chapter written by the goldman's and dominck dunn and the ghost writer each had a different slant and take on things. that was very interesting to me. i have followed these events over the years. watch everyday during the trial. simply did not believe the verdict. did the jury see the same evidence i did?

no comment on trial in fla. that is going right now. doesn't look good for oj though. this is just one of many books on this event that i have read. not sure why i find it so engrossing. babe

Reading William Shatner's autobiography " Up Till Now "

Just finished this boring book... Don't waste your money on it. I got mine from the library.

Last edited:
Cussler's "The Golden Buddha". So far I like it, and I'm not that big a Cussler fan. I just finished John MacDonald's "A Purple Place for Dying". I can plow through a Travis McGee novel in two days, because they read well and they're basically pulp. :mrgreen:

I just finished the Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackermana and now I'm reading Fine Just the Way It Is by Annie Proulx.

DId you like "The Zookeeper's Wife?" I did. I just finished "Red Knife" -- I tend to like most books about the places I've lived, and right now it is the Midwest and this was a good whodunit set in the Objibwe tribe. "Dreamers of the Day" was good as well. Because I've spent a lot of time in Apple Valley and Victorville, CA, I have an affection for Roy Rogers and Dale Evans and enjoyed the latest bio on them.

DId you like "The Zookeeper's Wife?" I did. I just finished "Red Knife" -- I tend to like most books about the places I've lived, and right now it is the Midwest and this was a good whodunit set in the Objibwe tribe. "Dreamers of the Day" was good as well. Because I've spent a lot of time in Apple Valley and Victorville, CA, I have an affection for Roy Rogers and Dale Evans and enjoyed the latest bio on them.

Yes, I liked the Zookeepers Wife, especially because it is a true story. They were brave people.

Do you really want to know? It will surprise you........The Life of Henry VIII by Alison Weir..........I find that guy fascinating.......and also the lives of his wives......I'm just sad that I'm not in the states to see the rest of the series on tv..........I'll catch up once I get in which will be the middle of Nov.......but he's absolutely fascinating to read about.......

I am reading Body-for-LIFE for Women, by Pamela Peeke, M.D., M.P.H., F.A.C.P. It is very interesting! She breaks women's fat-producing years into four categories (puberty to child-bearing years, child-bearing years, peri-menopause/menopause, and post-menopause) and shows how and where women add fat during each phase of their lives, and she tells how to work on losing it at each stage. I am on part three of the book and have learned a lot so far.

:)Barbara

Last edited:
I anyone reading the current rage "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle" ? My library has 10 copies and I'm 28th on the wait list. Would like a review on this book from someone who is NOT Oprah, or a book critic.

This weekend I bought "We've Always Had Paris (and Provence,)" the co-bio of Patricia and Walter Wells, to read on the plane -- tomorrow!! ;):cool:

I am currently re-reading "Inside My Heart" by Robin McGraw (Dr. Phil's wife). It is a really wonderful testimony to marriage and motherhood and just being a woman. But I always have a half dozen cookbooks I am "reading" at one time.

Blood and Fire

Blood and Fire by Roy Hattersley is the story of William and Catherine Booth and the Salvation Army in the nineteenth century. Pretty good so far. I'm only a couple chapters into it.

Back
Top Bottom