Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"The Terror" by Dan Simmons.
Set in 1848, an exploration team of British sailors is trapped in the frozen North for two years, with an unknown beast slowly but surely eating them.

What I liked about it was the background info about the technology, social life and hardships of the location. Really interesting. The "terror" part... eh.

I have 3 books checked out of the Library by Fern Michaels and two by Janet Dailey. Better get started on some reading..

just picked up a bunch of books at goodwill - will be starting "Spilt Second" by David Baldacci later this afternoon !

I just started the Women's Murder Club series. Since they cancelled the television show I have been interested in the books.

Hold Tight

I'm almost finished with this book. It is really good, but I can see it scaring the daylights out of parents with teenagers :unsure:.

#1 Bestseller Harlan Coben’s provocative novel Hold Tight promises to be the most talked about thriller in decades

From the Book Jacket:
How well do you really know your child?
Tia and Mike Baye never imagined they’d spy on their kids. But their sixteen-year-old son Adam has been unusually distant lately, and after the suicide of his best friend Spencer Hill, they can’t help but worry. Within days of installing a sophisticated spy program on Adam’s computer they are jolted by a cryptic message from an unknown correspondent that shakes them to their core: “Just stay quiet and all safe.”

Winston Churchill's memoirs of WW2. On book 2 of 6 books. France has just fallen and the Blitz is about to begin.

Before that, raced through the "Twilight" series.

I just finished Mango Opera by Tom Corcoran last night and am now starting Gumbo Limbo by Tom Corcoran. I finished The Tale of the Thunderbolt by E. E. Knight on Tuesday.

Holy crap phinz, you are just powering thru 'em!

I can do a book every 2-3 days if I like the book. I have even read The Stand (long version) in 24 hours before.

I also have four other books going right now in various rooms of the house. 2007 Best Food Writing, 2008 Best Food Writing, 2008 Best American Travel Writing and another American Food Writing book that is an anthology of 200+ years of food writing. Come to think of it, in progress are also Big Red (about the USS Nebraska), And Johnny Got His Gun, a collection of Key West short stories, another collection of Florida Mystery Writer short stories, a book on modern design, another book on Miami Modern architecture, a book on Frank Lloyd Wright, Neil Peart's Ghost Rider and assorted other books scattered throughout the house.

If you ever want to see my collection of books, it's here: LibraryThing | Catalog your books online

Just, finally, picked up Dewey - The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World. It's a true story and I've only just started reading it, I'm totally captivated. Plus, the picture on the cover of Dewey is a real heart-melter. What a dolly! I'm going to whiz through in no time I have a feeling. Then I'll be sad it's done.

Just, finally, picked up Dewey - The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World. It's a true story and I've only just started reading it, I'm totally captivated. Plus, the picture on the cover of Dewey is a real heart-melter. What a dolly! I'm going to whiz through in no time I have a feeling. Then I'll be sad it's done.

Katie, I've read that book... I liked it a lot.

an old classic for the 5th time.

the hobbit

classics rock!
i've read anne frank like 15 times.

...though i oughta abandon my computer to read my 'meats' sections in my textbook! my vocab's gotta be refined; due tomorrow! bye-bye, vacation!!

classics rock!
i've read anne frank like 15 times.

...though i oughta abandon my computer to read my 'meats' sections in my textbook! my vocab's gotta be refined; due tomorrow! bye-bye, vacation!!
bye enjoy the soup

Back
Top Bottom