Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another Simon R. Green, "Deamons Are Forever." Love his writing, just picked up his Hawke & Fisher books, I'll be delving into those soon. I just spend a wad of cash at the bookstore, so I have many delights waiting for me for the next couple of weeks.

Gosh...I used to hate to read because I was forced to read books I didn't like when I was in school but now I always am reading something! I can't keep up with more than one books so I only read one at a time! ;) Over the past two months I've read the following books and all of them were fantastic!!

The Twilight series, all four books,
The Host also by Stephenie Myers...not about vampires!
Downtown by Anne Rivers Siddons
Plantation by Dorthea Benton Frank
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

Gotta show my love for "Shantaram" by Gregory David Roberts. It might be a more guy-ish book (the author escaped from an Australian prison, went on the run to India, surviving and starting a free clinic in the Bombay slum, and wrote a book about a man who escaped from an Australian prison and went on the run to India, surviving and starting a free clinic in the Bombau slum...) I've bought two copies at full price to give away so far. Lovely vision if India, and surprisingly introspective, given the adventurous subject matter.

I am reading The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, Book 1) by James Patterson and I am also listening to I, Alex Cross by James Patterson. I did not realize until just this second that they are both Patterson books as they are very different from each other.

I am reading The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, Book 1) by James Patterson and I am also listening to I, Alex Cross by James Patterson. I did not realize until just this second that they are both Patterson books as they are very different from each other.

I loved the Maximum Ride series, great fun. I really enjoy James Patterson, but he can't seem to keep up with me:)

Gotta show my love for "Shantaram" by Gregory David Roberts. It might be a more guy-ish book (the author escaped from an Australian prison, went on the run to India, surviving and starting a free clinic in the Bombay slum, and wrote a book about a man who escaped from an Australian prison and went on the run to India, surviving and starting a free clinic in the Bombau slum...) I've bought two copies at full price to give away so far. Lovely vision if India, and surprisingly introspective, given the adventurous subject matter.

Sounds good, I'll have to take a look.

I just finished a good book, The Boy on the Bus and am reading So Far From God now. The BOTB was interesting because I found myself relating to just about everything going on. I had to close the book a couple of times because it hit a little too close to home but that just goes to show the power of good writing. (Oh, and the interesting thing is that while I was reading, I was convinced that the author must have personally lived through the situations written in the story to know how to write on them, turns out not so. That is good research/writing.)

I knew immediately upon reading the back of the book that I was interested, then heard from a younger reader that it was very strange and not at all what they expected. I read it in record time, a week. I'm a very slow reader.

Then I picked up So Far From God and read almost half of it in one evening. If you read and enjoyed Like Water For Chocolate, you'll enjoy this book. Much of the same ideals and "hocus pocus" type of stuff.

Both are recommended.

Soul Patch

I'm currently reading SOUL PATCH (2007) by Reed Farrel Coleman. This crime fiction book is the fourth book in his Moe Prager series set in NYC. I've read and enjoyed the previous three books in this series.

Under the Dome by Stephen King - i just saw him speak, so i had to go and start the book right away - the man is a genius

Knapp's Chemical Technology, or Chemistry Applied to Arts and Manufacturers, 1848.
And Greg Iles "Devil's Punchbowl".

Just picked up 8 books from the library. I will probably start with a book by Al and Joanna Lacy, called A Measure Of Grace.

Will be beginning a Jeffery Deaver in a few minutes, "The Lesson of Her Death." It's a stand alone and I need a short break before beginning the next series of Simon R. Green...besides DH is still reading the one I want to read next.

What is everyone reading now....??

Its been awhile since I've posted on this board, but have kept up with it through emails. I just finished reading "Rebecca's Promise" by Jerry S. Eicher and the second book in this series, "Rebecca's Return". The next book is "Rebecca's Choice" and I'm anxious to get it! These are Amish inspirational fiction books and I'm enjoying them very much.

My current read is a big switch in genres, "The Death of Sweet Mister" by Daniel Woodrell. So far, I'm enjoying it. An excerpt from the inside cover:

Shuggie Akins is a lonely fat boy of thirteen. His mother, Glenda, teases him with her sexual provocations. His father, Red, is a brutal man with a short fuse who mocks and despises his son. Into this mix comes Jimmy Vin-Pearce with his shiny green T-bird and smart city clothes. It isn't long before he and Glenda begin a torrid affair. What follows is violent, shocking, and totally unpredictable-except that it is totally foreordained.
The Death of Sweet Mister, Daniel Woodrell's darkest novel, is raw and disturbing and wholly original. Woodrell's Ozarks are cut as cleanly as Flannery O'Connor's Georgia and packed with characters just as volatile and proud and predictable.

I'm now reading GENTLEMEN AND PLAYERS (2006) by Joanne Harris. This book of fiction takes place at St. Oswald's Grammar School For Boys.

Back
Top Bottom