Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't worry PrincessFiona. Even though the end could have been better it is still a worthwhile read. It took me a little while to get into it, but once I did I was riveted.

Thanks GB! Sounds like a typical King. I'm going to be hitting Pillars of the Earth next and then Under The Dome...I have too many new books to choose from right now and then a bunch of Tess Gerritson's to re-read. So many books, so little time:wacko:

i am reading "scarpetta" by patrica cornwell. quite a thriller, am half way through and have to clue,"who did it" she has a lot of books about this heroine. all i find riveting. good summer read.

I've just read up from where I left off of this thread quite a while back. Interesting reads.

I work in a library, so I have access to a great selection and often have more than one book going at the same time. Right now my light read is Body in the Attic by Katherine Hall Page (a murder mystery). Other books that I'm reading are Time and Chance by Sharon Kay Penman (an historical novel), Everyday in Tuscany by Frances Mayes (headed there in a couple of months) and The Entitlement-Free Child (which is parenting book).

I've written down some of the titles mentioned here to put on hold at work. Great suggestions!

I work in a library, so I have access to a great selection and often have more than one book going at the same time.

Oh Gosh!!! DREAM JOB!...only thing better would be to own a bookstore!

And coffee shop/diner...think my patients would miss me??:LOL:

I've been reading "The Book of Negroes" by Lawrence Hill. I absolutely love it, finding the time to finish it is the problem...

I just finished reading The Passage. It was a great book. There will be two more in the series, but they have not been written yet so I will have to wait.

I just started Blood Oath and I am really enjoying it so far.

I'm nearly done with "For California's Gold" by Joann Levy. If you like historical novels this one's for you. The story of a woman and her family heading west is truly a compelling read, and nearly impossible to put down from the very first page.
I highly recommend it, as it's the best I've ever read on this personally interesting subject.

Really loved Richard Olney's autobio, "Reflexions," so now am rereading his first book, "the French Menu Cookbook."
Really underscores the meaning of "basic skills and techniques." :)

I'm reading "Under The Dome," by Stephen King, but I picked up "Eat, Pray Love" today and may switch for a bit.

Just finished "swimsuit" by James Patterson, and started "the asylum prophecies" by Daniel Keyes, which I pretty much can't put down...

The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson - it's riveing even better than the first one The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo. Already a movie.

Read reviews on the movie before buying it. I haven't heard anything good about it, Amazon and IMDb. The books are fantastic, though!

I'm still laboring, "Under The Dome" by Stephen King. Very dry story, about half way through and I'm wishing I was reading something else.

It is definitely dry in the middle, but push on through PF. It does get a bit better and easier to read.

It is definitely dry in the middle, but push on through PF. It does get a bit better and easier to read.

Oh, I'm stubborn I never leave a book unread once I've started it. But, thanks for the encouraging words.:)

You are like my wife then. No matter how bad a book is, once she starts she HAS to finish. I have seen her torture herself countless times by reading a book she could not stand.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom