Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Picked up "Heat Wave" and "Naked Heat" by Richard Castle...they have Nathan Fillion's picture on them as the author. I wonder who is really writing them.

I have two books working right now. In the living room, I'm reading John Besh's "My New Orleans," and in the bedroom I'm reading Dorie Greenspan's new one,, "Around my Paris Table." Both are quite delicious, and will require "Lab work." :LOL:

I'm reading "The Zookeeper's Wife" by Diane Ackerman at home, "Brava, Valentine" by Adriana Trigiani at work. Up next will be "61 Hours" by Lee Child. Just finished "Tensleep" by Sarah Andrews - will probably try to read the series.

Also looking through "cat cora's classics with a twist" trying to decide if I want to keep it or not - auto-selection from The Good Cook club. Same with "Chez Panisse Menu Cookbook" by Alice Waters though I found that one at a thrift store.

I'm reading the condensed version of the life of Katherine Hepburn. I bought a ton of readers digest books - used to come 4 stories in one book. I bought them off craigslist for a steal. I got piles of them. : ). I got them for something like $1.00 per book. Some or fiction, and some are non fiction.

I am enjoying it. It is not what I was expecting, but I am sucked into it in a good way. I have not read Make Room, Make Room yet. This is the first Harrison I have read. It will not be the last though.

I am enjoying it. It is not what I was expecting, but I am sucked into it in a good way. I have not read Make Room, Make Room yet. This is the first Harrison I have read. It will not be the last though.

Harry Harrison is another favorite of mine, I'll be interested to know what you think when you are done.

You'll have to let me know how you like Frankenstein, since it is in the stack of books I just brought back from the library. Right now reading Annie Freeman's Fabulous Traveling Funeral by Kris Radish. I'm just in the "set up" stage to the novel, so don't how I'll like it. Some books of that sort can be too touchy-feely-girly for me, but I've never read one by her, and it seems promising. To my shut-in ladies I'm reading a local book of ghost stories.

I'm reading "The Zookeeper's Wife" by Diane Ackerman at home.

I am reading this one too - just started it. I like books about heroism during WW2. I am also re-reading Churchill's memoirs of same war (I think I was doing this last year as well but come on, people - it's 6 volumes!) Also getting ready to re-read the last Harry Potter in preparation for the next movie.

Also getting ready to re-read the last Harry Potter in preparation for the next movie.

Yay! Another Harry fan!!! :)

I'm reading "The Taking," by Dean Koontz.

Next up is Urban Fantasy by Kat Richardson, 4 books in the series.

I'm reading Bearing an Hourglass by Piers Anthony. It's okay, not as good as On A Pale Horse. I think my DH put it well when he said that the trouble with Piers Anthony is he keeps on writing books in a series after he has run out of stuff to write.

I'm reading Bearing an Hourglass by Piers Anthony. It's okay, not as good as On A Pale Horse. I think my DH put it well when he said that the trouble with Piers Anthony is he keeps on writing books in a series after he has run out of stuff to write.

I feel the same way, I usually stop reading his series after about 4 books.

Cormac McCarthy's Suttree. I'm a McCarthy addict.

I'm also reading The Best American Travel Writing 2010. This one isn't holding me like the last few years have.

I feel the same way, I usually stop reading his series after about 4 books.

I loved that series, in order to get the whole story, read all the books, preferably in order. I don't always like PA, I'm more into science fiction than fantasy, but he's easy reading.

Currently, I'm just starting Jonathan Kellerman's Twisted. I know it will be good.

Speaking of series, have any of you read Stiegh Larsson's The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo? It's the first of three books. They are gripping and I can't wait for the third one. The second book is complete in itself with the same characters. His writing is full of surprises and twists and turns of plot. Very imaginative. The second book is The Girl Who Played With Fire. I strongly recommend reading these in order. The best part, well, one of them, is that the books are THICK! Over 700 pages, not one of them boring. My favorite combination of good, exciting reading in a big thick book.:):):)

Back
Top Bottom