Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Live to Tell, Lisa Gardner. EEK. It hits a bit too close to home for me. Some of the kids she describes could be my patients. Great read though.

Just finished the second Chet and Bernie mystery Thereby Hangs a Tail by Spencer Quinn. Bernie is a PI and Chet is his dog. The stories are told from the dog's point of view. Funny and intriguing to read the dog's thoughts.

Between Good and Evil, about criminal profiling . when it started in FBI and how effective it has become. book not handy but will check author if you like. the author is the one that got everything rolling.

I just finished Jonathan Kellerman "Twisted". I've started on the Harry Potter series I found in the community library downstairs. There were 6 books so I grabbed the set so I could read them all in order. The movies are good, but often confusing. Give me the original books and I'm happy.

I just finished Jonathan Kellerman "Twisted". I've started on the Harry Potter series I found in the community library downstairs. There were 6 books so I grabbed the set so I could read them all in order. The movies are good, but often confusing. Give me the original books and I'm happy.

Yes, Harry Potter movies can be confusing if you haven't read the books. There is so much more to the stories than is shown on the screen. But, that still won't keep me from the movie theater on the 19th.:)

Oh and I did like "Twisted."

Last edited:
Zhizara, there are 7 books in the Harry Potter series. Which ones did you get?

I'm reading the Secret Sister by Elizabeth Lowell. I can't find my Lee Child - I think I might have left it in a gym where Madeleine was playing volleyball!

Sorcerer's Stone, Deathly Hallows, Half-Blood Prince, Order of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Chamber of Secrets.

As I mentioned, there was one book previously that I read and enjoyed, I don't remember which, but it's not Sorcerer's Stone. I'm hoping maybe that's the 7th book.

Thanks for letting me know, I wondered how many there were.

Sorcerer's Stone, Deathly Hallows, Half-Blood Prince, Order of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Chamber of Secrets.

As I mentioned, there was one book previously that I read and enjoyed, I don't remember which, but it's not Sorcerer's Stone. I'm hoping maybe that's the 7th book.

Thanks for letting me know, I wondered how many there were.

You are missing "The Prisoner of Azkaban" the third book.:wacko: I hate it when that happens.

More like looking over the Kindle "shleves"

I went ahead and picked up the Darksword trilogy.

More Hickman and Weis.

Good choice...some authors you might look into. Simon R. Green, Jim Butcher, Kat Richardson. Getting away from SF/Fantasy, Stieg Larsson.

And I read them over and over until they are very memorable. There are a couple of series and individual books that I have worn out over the years and had to replace.

Zhizara, Sorcerer's stone is first, then Chamber, (Azkhaban is missing here) then Goblet, Order of the Phoenix, Half Blood Prince and finally Deathly Hallows. Happy reading! Those are some of my favorites, I've read them each about 3 times.

I just got 9th Judgement!! WOOHOO!

Back
Top Bottom