Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zhizara, Sorcerer's stone is first, then Chamber, (Azkhaban is missing here) then Goblet, Order of the Phoenix, Half Blood Prince and finally Deathly Hallows. Happy reading! Those are some of my favorites, I've read them each about 3 times.

I just got 9th Judgement!! WOOHOO!

I just stacked them on the bookcase in reverse order of publishing. When I saw them all together in our community library, I knew I'd better grab them all so I'd have the best chance of reading the series in order. I'll return them as I finish them.

I'm switching off between reading and working on a new afghan. Darn TV on Saturday stinks, so not getting much afghan done. It's getting chilly here - 54 degrees right now.
:cool:

I'm switching off between reading and working on a new afghan. Darn TV on Saturday stinks, so not getting much afghan done. It's getting chilly here - 54 degrees right now.
:cool:

Hah! T-shirt weather!!! :LOL: I put socks on today when we went shopping, my only concession to the lowering temperature!

I'm still wearing shorts and short sleeve shirt, but I have a long sleeve flannel shirt standing by. As long as the wind isn't right out of the north, I can keep the windows upon a little. I'm trying to get the afghan longer so it will keep my knees warm. I dread having to turn on the heat. The heat uses so much more electricity. If it gets too chilly tomorrow, I'll make a chicken soup just to add heat and make the place smell good. The stove costs next to nothing to run. Yeah, that sounds good. I've got enough biscuit mix to make drop biscuit dumplings. I haven't done that in awhile.

:-p

You people and your temperate weather. It's 2C (~36F) here. I've been wearing the winter boots and I have snow tires on the car. As we say around here, "Mon pays, ce n'est pays un pays, c'est l'hiver." (My country isn't a country, it's winter.)

:-p

You people and your temperate weather. It's 2C (~36F) here. I've been wearing the winter boots and I have snow tires on the car. As we say around here, "Mon pays, ce n'est pays un pays, c'est l'hiver." (My country isn't a country, it's winter.)

It's about 44F and I just opened two windows...I ready for some winter!!!!

They aren't hot flashes, they're power surges!:LOL:

just started a new j.d. robb book. sometimes reading so fast is not a good thing. only one book left out of the eight or so i got from amazon. do have an application to mail for books in the mail. a service by our local library. that should cut down my having to buy them. a friend sells books on e-bay and she brings books to me until they sell.

just started a new j.d. robb book. sometimes reading so fast is not a good thing. only one book left out of the eight or so i got from amazon. do have an application to mail for books in the mail. a service by our local library. that should cut down my having to buy them. a friend sells books on e-bay and she brings books to me until they sell.

It's amazing that someone can write such tame novels as she does as Nora Roberts, and then turn around and write the most amazing, cunning, twisty plots as J.D. Robb I'd never have believed they could be the same person, but they are. I love the J.D. Robb books. You can't read them slowly, they are just too exciting.

It's amazing that someone can write such tame novels as she does as Nora Roberts, and then turn around and write the most amazing, cunning, twisty plots as J.D. Robb I'd never have believed they could be the same person, but they are. I love the J.D. Robb books. You can't read them slowly, they are just too exciting.

i know what you mean, they have tended to make me read far to late into the night. i agree with you, never really cared for her as nora roberts. too sweet for me.

I went to a library book sale and found 7 hardcover Robert B. Parker novels. He's one of my favorites so I'm working my way through those. Great writer, especially the Spenser novels.

Speaking of Nora Roberts, I also found an autographed copy of Nora Roberts "Black Hills" that I most likely won't read, but will live on the shelf. Figured I'd pick it up for a buck.

The book is ALWAYS better, then at least when you see the movie you understand what they are portraying, as well as what they left out.

I'm on to Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

The book is ALWAYS better, then at least when you see the movie you understand what they are portraying, as well as what they left out.

I would like regular reports on what you think of Harry Potter...I love those books. Hah! Bet you didn't know there'd be a test!:LOL:

I have to agree. But, I tried reading Doctor Zhivago and I just couldn't keep track of all the different names used for the same people and couldn't finish the book. Then I saw the movie. I read the book and it all made sense, and yes, it was better.

Back
Top Bottom