Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
at the moment i am reading two books. "the years of extermination by saul friedander. it is tough going to read. so when my brain gets tired of trying to follow it, i resort to jd robbs "glory in death". i have been very interested in the books i am reading about nazi germany and the jews. no i am not jewish. i just get on this tangent to find out all i can about any given subject.

at the moment i am reading two books. "the years of extermination by saul friedander. it is tough going to read. so when my brain gets tired of trying to follow it, i resort to jd robbs "glory in death". i have been very interested in the books i am reading about nazi germany and the jews. no i am not jewish. i just get on this tangent to find out all i can about any given subject.

Oh, I love tangents! They make up some of the best reading, not saying fun, but you can sure learn alot!

I finished Forging the Darksword last night and started Doom of the Darksword this morning.

Interesting premise; A child is born with no magic in a world where everyone has magic.

I finished Forging the Darksword last night and started Doom of the Darksword this morning.

Interesting premise; A child is born with no magic in a world where everyone has magic.

Now you have me interested...who is/are the author(s)? Pretty please!!:)

I think it was a bit of a slow start but it picks up. I am about a third into the second book and it is moving well.

Try the Deaths Gate cycle if you like that sort of reading. That was a good one.

I downloaded them on the Kindle. :)

I wandered into the bookstore on my lunch break and then I couldn't remember the name of the Trilogy...it so happens, I did find the third book. Unfortunately I did not have time to really browse. I still spent too much:LOL:

Found "Trolls in the Hamptons," by Celia Jerome. Looks like fun. And yes, I picked up the extended cut of Avatar!:)

I wrote the name of the trilogy down this time...!

I'm on the last few pages of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I'll be starting Goblet of Fire sometime this morning. I'll be glad to move on as Chamber of Secrets is a large hardbound book and is awkward and heavy to read in the recliner. Goblet of Fire is paperback.

I'm on the last few pages of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I'll be starting Goblet of Fire sometime this morning. I'll be glad to move on as Chamber of Secrets is a large hardbound book and is awkward and heavy to read in the recliner. Goblet of Fire is paperback.

And are you enjoying it??? Sorry, I have to relive the feeling of joy of a new read through your eyes, since I can never do it again!:LOL:

Sorry, Princess, I don't know how I missed your post earlier today. Yes, I'm especially enjoying the last 30 pages where so much gets explained. I always thought Harry's parents were wizard and witch.

I got sidetracked by good TV, and the latest Sudoku puzzle book has a new twist called jigsaw that I'm having fun with.

Every time I pick up Harry, Law & Order comes up with an episode I haven't seen, so I puzzle during the commercials, because if I read, I get involved and miss the show.

I used to hate L&O, I just didn't like to hear arguing. Now that my life is much calmer, I decided to watch it since it is on a lot during the day. I am glad now, because I find some of the subject matter very thought provoking and new episodes of good TV is hard to find.

Hope you are enjoying your snow, but please drive carefully.

Last edited:
Hope you are enjoying your snow, but please drive carefully.

Not much snow and it all melted...but winter is finally here!!! As for driving in it. I am supremely careful, too many out there who forget how to drive from one season to the next! :ohmy:

i am an avid fan of all the incarnations of law and order. specially law and order criminal intent. love that vincent. make my old heart go pitty pat. lol. am reading "inside the criminal mind. will get author if anyone cares.

Back
Top Bottom