Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know about Andy McDermott yet, but do yourself a big favor and find yourself a Tami Hoag book, any one. Kathy Reichs is a good read, but Tami is awesome in comparison. Edge of the seat, page turner. Always.

I'll find some, should be easy, I see them all the time. But, she goes to the bottom of a very large stack!:):LOL:

In the 60s and 70s I belonged to the Doubleday Book Clubs, before it became too expensive.

When we were moving in 1975, I donated most of my books to the local library. It was over 1,000 books! It was a really good tax deduction too. So I averaged 100 books for each year, and that didn't take into account the ones I didn't donate like my Literary Guild books and cookbooks.

When in Jr. High School I had the opportunity to work in the library instead of Homeroom. It was wonderful, and learning to check books in and out and return books to their proper place on the shelves was good practice for my future in office work. Filing, always filing.

When in Jr. High School I had the opportunity to work in the library instead of Homeroom. It was wonderful, and learning to check books in and out and return books to their proper place on the shelves was good practice for my future in office work. Filing, always filing.

I spent oodles of time in the Library in High School, working. My absolute most favorite jobs were working in bookstores. Mom was the Textbook Manager at a college bookstore in the Denver area. I would go into work with her and happily shelve, face and dust the books. And this was a few years ago, her boss was always trying to hire me. I'd just laugh and tell him I was on vacation. He said I worked harder on vacation than his hired employees did on the clock.:)

I finished the Kathy Reichs book, and although I do have another one, I'm starting the Tami Hoag. 53X pages, in the new taller book format. I do love a big, thick, juicy book!

i just finished the last of j.d.robb that i have. gone back to the brain numbing
"THE YEARS OF EXTERMINATION" i have to get a stamp and mail my request for books in the mail.

i put the years of extermination aside, discovered i had not finished "inside the criminal mind" so am reading that instead. was desperate so was reading "joy of cooking" sad huh, lol. :LOL:

i put the years of extermination aside, discovered i had not finished "inside the criminal mind" so am reading that instead. was desperate so was reading "joy of cooking" sad huh, lol. :LOL:

It usually takes me much too long when I look up a recipe in Joy of Cooking. It's as bad as an encyclopaedia for distracting you with interesting stuff to read. ;)

I just finished Tami Hoag's Deeper Than Dead which was excellent. I've just started Andy McDermott's The Pyramid Of Doom. I'm 20 pages in and already hooked.

was doing some minor rearranging yesterday. found a book i have had for over thirty years. "one brief shining moment" started rereading it and am enthralled as i was the first time.

the memories of j.f.k. are still so vivid to me. i lived them when i was very young, including the cuban crisis ( i laid awake wondering if my children would live to grow up)

this book sent me on line to barnes and noble. ordered the Kennedy detail. saw a doc. on it the other night.

also ordered two j.d.robb from amazon. am so hooked on these books and she wrote many in the series. just a book nut i guess.

was doing some minor rearranging yesterday. found a book i have had for over thirty years. "one brief shining moment" started rereading it and am enthralled as i was the first time.

the memories of j.f.k. are still so vivid to me. i lived them when i was very young, including the cuban crisis ( i laid awake wondering if my children would live to grow up)

this book sent me on line to barnes and noble. ordered the Kennedy detail. saw a doc. on it the other night.

also ordered two j.d.robb from amazon. am so hooked on these books and she wrote many in the series. just a book nut i guess.

A book nut is the best type of nut to be!:)

I went online to get the new edition of my Drug Book and ONLY bought three other books on nursing with it...that was unrealistic control for me.:LOL:

I haven't seen this thread for a few days and wanted to confess that I was half way through Andy McDermott's The Pyramid of Doom. I have read one of his books before. Lots of pitfalls, chases and cliff hanger type excitement. Very good, but not really good for bedtime reading.

I went to Walmart Tuesday and found Patricia Cornwell's The Scarpetta Factor so I switched to read this one and am already over half way through 572 pages. It's a brand new one, but apparently I missed one so I'll have to review the titles and find out which one (or ones) I missed.

j.d. robb's "holiday in death". i think i am getting tired of these books and need a break. the kennedy detail that i ordered from barnes and noble should be here today. that will be next

The book I'm now reading is what I consider to be brain candy. Hey, don't we all need that sometime? The book I'm reading aloud to my ladies is 'tis by Frank McCourt. I've read all three of his books and one of his brother's, so ... well, great books. The lady I'm reading it too tends to forget it isn't fiction (she has this thing about asking me to read Irish authors, and doesn't realize this is not fiction). She keeps telling me, "oh, that's an exaggeration" Huh? When I read another book to her which was about Irish life and immigration to the US, she didn't have a problem with it. It was fiction (I'd have to look it up to remember what novel it was); but for some reason she can't stand fact. This is a little crazy, because this woman almost always wants to have me read nothing but history and biography. But for some reason Frank McCourt's memoirs of his first years in the U.S. are bugging her. She's quite a liberal, and very pro-Irish, but for some reason this is bothering her. "That couldn't have happened, not really, Claire, what do you think." Duh, We're reading about his experiences. She wants me to switch to Maya Angelou, and all I can say is that if shedoesn't like Frank's life, she sure as hck won't like Maya's (yeah, I've read her autobiography).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom