Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Almost finished with About Grace by Anthony Doerr. Kind of odd and sweet and sad, but I like it. Up next is Philip Roth's The Human Stain. Last week finished my second dose of Body Farm novels (Jefferson Bass). Those are almost too real to handle.

Almost finished with About Grace by Anthony Doerr. Kind of odd and sweet and sad, but I like it. Up next is Philip Roth's The Human Stain. Last week finished my second dose of Body Farm novels (Jefferson Bass). Those are almost too real to handle.

I love the Body Farm novels, those two need to write faster!:LOL:

I saw the third and final book of the trilogy by Stieg Larsson at Walmart today. :w00t2::punk::bounce::clap:
Anyway, It's in hardcover, so I'll have to wait for the paperback.

The first one is The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
The second is The Girl Who Played With Fire
The third is the Girl.... DRAT!!!! I forgot.:ermm:

Does anybody have an idea how long it takes from hardcover to paperback on the shelves?

I picked up Dan Brown's new (2009) book The Los Symbol. This book follows The DaVinci Code. I like having a book to put on these empty shelves, but reading this one on a Kindle would be a lot easier on my wrist. Heck, it's too big to hold with one hand - 639 pages! :ohmy:

Last edited:
Thanks, Princess. I had it in my mind when I started my post, but my mind got hung up on the repeating of "The Girl Who"... and off it went. I hate it when that happens.:ohmy:

I saw the third and final book of the trilogy by Stieg Larsson at Walmart today. :w00t2::punk::bounce::clap:
Anyway, It's in hardcover, so I'll have to wait for the paperback.

The first one is The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
The second is The Girl Who Played With Fire
The third is the Girl.... DRAT!!!! I forgot.:ermm:

Does anybody have an idea how long it takes from hardcover to paperback on the shelves?

I picked up Dan Brown's new (2009) book The Los Symbol. This book follows The DaVinci Code. I like having a book to put on these empty shelves, but reading this one on a Kindle would be a lot easier on my wrist. Heck, it's too big to hold with one hand - 639 pages! :ohmy:

You'll have to tell me how you like the 'Hornet's Nest" one. I liked the first two, but wasn't big on that last one, in fact, never finished it (rare for me). Too much cold war politics which I've been having a hard time getting into since, well, since the cold war ended!

Fiona, I've noted Jack Whyte down for future reference. Never heard of them. You might like, if you haven't, The Crystal Cave series by Mary Stewart (Stuart? Can't remember), the King Arthur tales told from Merlin's point of view.

Fiona, I've noted Jack Whyte down for future reference. Never heard of them. You might like, if you haven't, The Crystal Cave series by Mary Stewart (Stuart? Can't remember), the King Arthur tales told from Merlin's point of view.

Oh yes, read them all, they are all over there on the fourth shelf.:LOL:

The Jack Whyte books are well embedded in possible history. How it could have really happened. I love them.

Oh yes, read them all, they are all over there on the fourth shelf.:LOL:

The Jack Whyte books are well embedded in possible history. How it could have really happened. I love them.

She would love that, I'll definitely check Amazon and the library. She's always questioning me about if I think this or that could really have happened. Of course, can you imagine how long Once and Future King will take to read aloud?

She would love that, I'll definitely check Amazon and the library. She's always questioning me about if I think this or that could really have happened. Of course, can you imagine how long Once and Future King will take to read aloud?

A lot longer than it takes me to read to myself:LOL: I bet I've read that one 12-15 times.

I finished The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown, and went back to my unfinished (this time around) Angels & Demons. Now I'll have to get (and read again) The DaVinci Code so I'll have the whole set.

In addition, I just placed my first order with Abe Books for 8 Robert Heinlein books (for starters), including my favorite Stranger In a Strange Land which has been overdue for rereading for a Loooong time. I may just have to read it twice just to catch up.

In addition, I ordered Friday, Revolt in 2100, To Sail Beyond The Sunset, The Cat Who Walked Through Walls, Beyond This Horizon, Have Spacesuit Will Travel, The Rolling Stones, and Time Enough For Love!

I'm going to be in heaven when they come!

right now am reading obsession by john douglas and mark olshaker. john is guy that pretty much invented the profile identification of criminals. very, very thought provoking. next is the west memphis three. it is about three teenagers convicted of killing three young boys. the writer thinks they are innocent. all are in prison, one death row, and the other two in for life. i have read first chapter. will finish before i have an opinion.

I finished The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown, and went back to my unfinished (this time around) Angels & Demons. Now I'll have to get (and read again) The DaVinci Code so I'll have the whole set.

In addition, I just placed my first order with Abe Books for 8 Robert Heinlein books (for starters), including my favorite Stranger In a Strange Land which has been overdue for rereading for a Loooong time. I may just have to read it twice just to catch up.

In addition, I ordered Friday, Revolt in 2100, To Sail Beyond The Sunset, The Cat Who Walked Through Walls, Beyond This Horizon, Have Spacesuit Will Travel, The Rolling Stones, and Time Enough For Love!

I'm going to be in heaven when they come!

Makes me feel good just reading the titles!:)

Makes me feel good just reading the titles!:)

Doesn't it? I knew you'd get a kick out of this since I know you love Heinlein just like I do.

I didn't really bother to pick and choose except for SIASL, I want them all and at those prices I just might get them. I can't wait to start rereading them.

Just finishing up The Human Stain - one of the very vivid characters is a ruined Vietnam vet. Also nearly half through Enslaved by Ducks about a couple's home menagerie of mostly birds - parrots, ducks, geese - but also rabbits. I trade off with this one when Stain gets too intense. Up next is Last Chance to See by Douglas Adams.

Doesn't it? I knew you'd get a kick out of this since I know you love Heinlein just like I do.

I didn't really bother to pick and choose except for SIASL, I want them all and at those prices I just might get them. I can't wait to start rereading them.

SIASL and Time Enough For love, I read those at least every 2 years.

I'm definitely behind on my rereading. I also want to get the Lazarus Long series. I loved those. Then there's the Future History series....:in_love:

Back
Top Bottom