Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Revising 'A tale of two cities'.

Sydney Carton is one of my most favorite character.

Thanks to Hollywood, I've never actually read Dickens (or War and Peace for that matter - opted for the BBC version). If you were to choose your favorite of the Dickens books, would it be the one you're revisiting - 'tale of two cities'?

I picked up a Karin slaughter novel, Undone. There were several books by her and I don't think I've read any. Hope fully she will become another new favorite author.

I have relly gotton interested in the library lately with my 12 year old daughter. The author RICHARD PAUL EVANS is excellent. As far as I.m concerned he has not writtten a bad book.

Have just finished Last Chance to See by Douglas Adams, relating his trips to various parts of the globe to see endangered species, including lemurs, white rhinos, gorillas, certain New Zealand parrots going the way of the Dodo bird, fruit bats. He observed that these little bats hanging from their roosts looked like small broken umbrellas.

Kitchen Confidential book

i'm reading 'what i learned in medical school'; 'the secret life of bees'; 'kitchen confidential'; i'm re-reading 'a cook's tour' and i think that's it. oh, and i'm reading a book about WWII... i can't think of the name right now.
i like to read a bunch of books at once depending on what seems interesting at the moment.

You will love Kitchen Confidential, I am sure.
I am reading about WWII as well. The Hiding Place. I saw the movie years ago and ran across it at a yard sale. True story of very heroic people in Holland.:chef:

I am reading The Girl Who Played With Fire. I am enjoying it much more than the first book in the series.

A book set in early 1900's Cairo - The Mamur Zapt and the Men Behind by Michael Pearce. It's a series - I previously read The Camel of Destruction, and The Snake Charmer's Daughter. Lots of local color and a peek into the timeless culture of Egypt.

Back
Top Bottom