Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am just getting done reading three books about Inspector John Madden of Scotland Yard. The author is Rennie Airth. Excellent mysteries.

A monthly order, in this case they are on Water Color Painting and Art History - mostly inexpensive used books from Amazon... the books often sell for less than the cost of shipping! :wacko: :LOL:

Just finishing up The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Steig Larsson, which is the last book in his trilogy. Long books, but very, very interesting and good.

Next one up will be The Paris Wife by Paula McLain. It's the story of Ernest Hemingway's first marriage. I'm looking forward to it.

Just finishing up The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Steig Larsson, which is the last book in his trilogy. Long books, but very, very interesting and good.

Next one up will be The Paris Wife by Paula McLain. It's the story of Ernest Hemingway's first marriage. I'm looking forward to it.

I loved the Steig Larsson books...so sad he died and will never write again.

I'm reading Strip by Thomas Perry. I LOVE his stuff. I've read all the Jane Whitefeather books and I'm working through all the other stuff. Metzger's Dog and Butcher Boy are next up. I've got their samples on my Kindle and laughed out loud already. The guy is genius.

I'm also looking at the Elegance of the Hedgehog. Supposed to be a really good read, so I've got the sample. I've not purchased it yet. I may get it from the library instead.

i am re reading Without Conscience, the disturbing world of the psychopaths among us. author robert d hare. phd. waiting for mail books from the library. i read this a long time ago so it is not boring to read again.

Just finished The Magic Toyshop by Angela Carter. Strange little book.

And ChefJune, I'm reading Nora Ephron's I Feel Bad About My Neck. She has some remarks about Craig Claiborne, among lots of great, funny stuff re living in NYC. Also does purses, hair, husbands, apartments -- her neck. She's too much. :cool:

Just got done reading "Eternal" by Cynthia Leitich Smith. It's a good paranormal/romance novel.

I got the first book from my latest order today. It's the first book of a trilogy that I haven't read by one of my very favorite authors, Alan Dean Foster. I'm thrilled, I haven't seen a new ADF in many, many years, so I'll be ordering the other two books in the next day or so. The title of this one is "Phylogenesis".

I'm reading Prodigal Summer by Kingsolver. Not enjoying it near as much as the other books I've read by her, not sure why.

"Light In Watercolor" and "A Photographer's Guide To Portraits"

I'm on an art kick, and trying to cram as much as possible into this tiny brain! :LOL:

Just starting a mystery by Sister Carol Anne O'Marie. I love her books about an older nun, Sister Mary Helen, who always get involved in some kind of murder case.

Back
Top Bottom