Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
is this a book for geeks who are attempting to cook--that is, are you saying you are one? or is it a book for persons attempting to cook for geeks--that is, a normal person attempting to cook for, say, a geeky dh?:LOL:

Dis Geek will be cooking for her Geek...:ROFLMAO: I just paged through it, it's going to be a fun read.

Just finished reading "the Help" by Kathryn Stockett. If you haven't read it, it's mesmerizing.

i really, really enjoyed that book. hope they don't make the movie to cutesy. i grew up in that environment and know how insidious it was.

not so much enjoying the book i am reading right now "eight days to live" iris Johanson. will finish but it is not gripping.

Baldacci is great. I think he has aromance novel out. Very different for him.

david baldacci, oh nooo you didn't! (write a danielle steele novel when you sat down to pen one summer!) baldacci writing a romance novel is like mick jagger crooning c&w tunes. i couldn't bear to see this travesty through to the end....:(

david baldacci, oh nooo you didn't! (write a danielle steele novel when you sat down to pen one summer!) baldacci writing a romance novel is like mick jagger crooning c&w tunes. i couldn't bear to see this travesty through to the end....:(

Puts one in mind of Rod Stewart crooning old standards. :ohmy:

I'm about halfway through Salt - took a break to read After Effects, a Detective Inspector Sloan mystery by Catherine Aird. From the dust jacket: "...for those who like their prodecurals on the lighthearted side."

Dog Walks Man: A Six Legged Odessey by John Zeaman.

I'm surprised how wonderfully funny and quite unexpected it is. But, then again, I love dogs so :rolleyes:

I'm reading Deluge which is book #3 of the Petaybee series by Anne McCaffrey and Elizabeth Ann Scarborough. I read the series a long time ago, but only found book 3 when I made my last order with Abe Books.

I ordered book 1 and 2 a couple of days ago. Great order, I got 7 books for under $12!

Just started "The Upper Room" by Mary Monroe. I really like her books.

Just finished the Kindle edition of "Draculas", a highly entertaining gore fest by 4 collaborating authors, including J.A. Konrath.

i read a lovely little book yesterday. another wally lamb. call " wishin and hopin " quick read , took me about two hours. he calls it a christmas story. funny and a real joy to read

started "icy sparks" this morning, it was an oprah book club pick. written by gwen hyman rubio. kinda of a slow start, will wait and see.

Borders Books is going out of business. I'm saving up for a month or two, then I'll load up on my favourite authors at a big discount!

the 1951 sportsman's guide to fishing; ny, nj, and conn. issue.

really great info that hasn't changed for 60 years, great pics of old timey fishin', and even a few pics of "pin-up" girls fishing.

Back
Top Bottom