"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-30-2009, 11:22 PM   #871
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
I am reading the new cookbook by Clara Cannucciari from YouTube. She is the lady who is 94 years old and does the recipes from when she was growing up during the depression. I love reading all of her recipes and her stories.
Forgot to say the name of the cookbook, it's Clara's Kitchen.

Old 10-31-2009, 10:06 AM   #872
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Hell to Pay by Simon R. Green and then on to the next one. I also picked up Plague Ship by Clive Cussler for a quick read at work, since I forgot to take a book for my lunchtime.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:33 AM   #873
Master Chef

I've been mostly reading "lite" books lately. My favorites when my spirits are low or when I'm travelling (both of which describe my last month) are murder mysteries of the goofy genre. But when visiting a friend in Atlanta, I found a book on his shelf and was taking down the information on it, because I thought it would be one my blind friend would like. The biography of Edith Piaf. I brought it to her house yesterday and she was absolutely thrilled with it.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:49 PM   #874
Master Chef

By the way, someone here found me a source to find a book I've been looking for for many years. I have it on order at the library (Amazon only has one copy at $155). Hopefully I will find and re-read this book.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:41 PM   #875
Senior Cook

Pursuit of Honor
Vince Flynn

Love his books, can't put them down.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:47 PM   #876
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to yourstrulyewalani
I am working on New Moon, the second book in the Twilight series as most of you may know. The series is insanely popular as you may have already heard and I wanted to see what the fuss was about. The books are very well written and I like them and all but I'm not able to set aside much time for reading. Very different from my teenage years I would read book after book after book. I would order stacks of books from the library so by the time I was done with what I had I would have fresh ones waiting!
Old 11-02-2009, 12:06 AM   #877
Senior Cook

Tonight, I finished Lunatic by Ted Dekker which is the 5th of 6 of the Lost Books. This 5th book was co-authored by another with Dekker; I could tell the diff and I prefer strictly Dekker authoring, but new authors have to get their start somewhere, so i am willing to deal with it again in the 6th book, which is also co-authored by the same. It is actually in the Juvie fiction genre, but I am such a Ted Dekker fan that I even read the juvinile level...Lost Books.
I took a break to check in on DC, but am about to start the final and 6th book of the Lost Books.
Dekker has new novels out too. One of which is per say an extension of a triliogy, Black...Red...White. the new one to it is Green.
God has given Dekker a gifted and brilliant imagination. I love that God has worked through Dekker as he has and appreciate that Dekker has offered himself to be a vessel of God's great love. you can check out his books at teddekker.com
Old 11-02-2009, 05:40 AM   #878
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
Watership Down.
One of my favorites!

I am reading "On Butterfly Faith," by Katrina Wampler. It actually isn't published yet, but a few of us are reading it and reviewing it for her before it is published. It will be either her 2nd or 3rd published book. I have only read chapter one so far, but I already enjoy it very much.

Barbara
Old 11-02-2009, 11:26 AM   #879
Assistant Cook

I am finally reading My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult... I have been meaning to read it for a whole now, and it is awesome
Old 11-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #880
Senior Cook

I saw the movie and liked it, heard the ending is different than the book ...