Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad you liked it vitauta! Now after a little break you can pick up World Without End (sequel to Pillars).

Are you going to try out A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin?

And is it a nook or a kindle that you have?

Glad you liked it vitauta! Now after a little break you can pick up World Without End (sequel to Pillars).

Are you going to try out A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin?

And is it a nook or a kindle that you have?

i have a nook, but also read kindle books on my pc. are you recommending martin? if this is sf, my interest summarily dried up after aasimov, bradbury, herbert, etc., as a fantastic element came to dominate this genre, imo....

I boxed up all my 'already read' books and shipped them to my father last week. I just started Cross Fire, the new James Patterson Alex Cross novel.

i have a nook, but also read kindle books on my pc. are you recommending martin? if this is sf, my interest summarily dried up after aasimov, bradbury, herbert, etc., as a fantastic element came to dominate this genre, imo....

Nope, its very much like Pillars. PM me, I might have a little treat for you!

ken follett gets a big, solid b+ for his pillars of the earth. certain sections of this book had me absolutely enthralled, particularly the cathedral-building portions. it is a daunting challenge to direct and modulate a saga of this magnitude, and follett has produced an ambitious and creditable work in pillars. i am now looking at a compelling account of a man and his family, living with his condition--a very broad-based amnesia, subsequent to a head injury he sustained three years ago. the book is my life deleted, by scott bolzan.

I enjoyed this one, then my husband found it on the Netfix line up and asked me about it. We enjoyed the series. I agree with it, loved it.

I started reading Hornet's Nest, but received my order for the first two books of the Twins of Petaybee, (Anne McCaffrey and Elizabeth Ann Scarborough) and made the "mistake" of looking at the first page... I'm now already into the second book. :LOL:

The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest turned out to be a hard bound book, so it's now sitting on my desk for reading. It's just too heavy to read sitting in the recliner.

I agree. I read the first two of his other novels, but couldn't get into this one. Dont' know why. I'm not talking heavy to pick up, I'm talking I guess I'm tired of cold war stuff.

Last edited:
Right now I'm getting ready to take back all of my library books so I can get on the road for a couple of weeks. Of course, I volunteered at the local library fundraiser book sale,and wound up with 17 books for $20. They were all light reading for an upcoming road trip.

Right now I'm getting ready to take back all of my library books so I can get on the road for a couple of weeks. Of course, I volunteered at the local library fundraiser book sale,and wound up with 17 books for $20. They were all light reading for an upcoming road trip.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that, ending up with more than I brought...:)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that, ending up with more than I brought...:)
I think it is great all around. I buy used books during the sale, a year later I bring them back, then work the book sale, and bring home more books.

That brings me to a thought ... that I'll start over.

Right now I'm on an old Nero Wolfe. Since my husband fell in love with the TV series (I think Canadian) I can't read it without a picture of that cast in my mind. I liked the series an the fact that it is almost word for word the novels.

James Patterson

I have started reading James Patterson's books. Easy to read. However, latest book Toyz is kind of confusing. Anyone read this one and got same impression? I am going to finish and hope that will give me more insight.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom