Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi, Vit. I'd say that The Dragonriders of Pern is a must read. She's a wonderful author. Don't plan on going anywhere for awhile, she's really hard to put down.

Agree, start with the Dragonrider stories. Early in her career, Anne McCaffrey wrote on her own and those stories are the best.

I just finished Frankenstein by Dean Koontz. (Thought that was appropriate Halloween reading) and now I'm hooked. I'm moving on to book two. Koontz is freaking weird but is a really good writer. I've not yet been disappointed by his writing. I have to bend my brain sometimes to get around his concepts, but love his writing.

I'm in book heaven. All the books I ordered from Abe Books have arrived. I'm currently reading PartnerShip by Anne McCaffrey and Margaret Ball.

I just finished Frankenstein by Dean Koontz. (Thought that was appropriate Halloween reading) and now I'm hooked. I'm moving on to book two. Koontz is freaking weird but is a really good writer. I've not yet been disappointed by his writing. I have to bend my brain sometimes to get around his concepts, but love his writing.

huh, me too, alix! stumbling across a koontz book one day, i was pleasantly surprised--surprised at his intelligence, surprised by the caliber of his writing. at present, i am one happy-as-a-clam reader, immersed as i am in george r.r. martin's game of thrones (the first of a bundle of four--thanks, alix!!), and also reading anne mccaffrey's dragonriders of pern. these two will keep me contentedly reading for some time to come....:)

You're welcome! I hope you enjoy them as much as I have been. I'm holding off on book 4. Its the last one I have so I'm saving it! (Weird huh?)

You're welcome! I hope you enjoy them as much as I have been. I'm holding off on book 4. Its the last one I have so I'm saving it! (Weird huh?)

funny thing. i ran a reconstruction (or is it a restore?) on my computer tonight. as usual, don't have the foggiest...lost my whole grr martin bundle of books, and that had me on the verge of tears...returned to your original email, and downloaded the whole shebang again!...happily reading again....:):):)

funny thing. i ran a reconstruction (or is it a restore?) on my computer tonight. as usual, don't have the foggiest...lost my whole grr martin bundle of books, and that had me on the verge of tears...returned to your original email, and downloaded the whole shebang again!...happily reading again....:):):)

OMG! That would freak me right out! Glad you found it again. Whew! (And its a System Restore)

OMG! That would freak me right out! Glad you found it again. Whew! (And its a System Restore)

since i need to do a system restore about every two months, i will be needing to download my bundle of books again, and again...alix, any idea how many times this can be done? or do i maybe need to ratchet up the speed of my reading in order to "beat the clock"?:) my apologies for being such a pain, especially after you've been so nice and all....:)

As long as you keep the email you should be fine to do it whenever you wish. If you lose it just email me, I'll send it again. If I might ask though, why on earth do you need to do a System Restore so often? Are you having issues? There are things you can do to prevent having to do a restore.

I picked up a copy of The Edge of Day by Laurie Lee.

A story of a boy's early years in England around the end of the first world war.

The story is told through the boy's eyes starting at the age of three.

A cozy escape, time travel, to a simpler time.

As long as you keep the email you should be fine to do it whenever you wish. If you lose it just email me, I'll send it again. If I might ask though, why on earth do you need to do a System Restore so often? Are you having issues? There are things you can do to prevent having to do a restore.

i've been doing the restore for a variety of reasons that wouldn't make sense to a computer savvy person. but the usual and most compelling reason is to dodge the relentless warnings and threats from norton security and semantec that my protection is about to/has already expired--(even though it never is) the restore presents me as a "new" customer with a 60 day trial membership....and norton & co. lay off for another little while....

i've been doing the restore for a variety of reasons that wouldn't make sense to a computer savvy person. but the usual and most compelling reason is to dodge the relentless warnings and threats from norton security and semantec that my protection is about to/has already expired--(even though it never is) the restore presents me as a "new" customer with a 60 day trial membership....and norton & co. lay off for another little while....

There are plenty of good, FREE anti malware/spyware/virus protection programs that don't eat up your system resources like Norton. . .and doing a system restore that often can do damage to your computer too.

"the girl that kicked the hornets nest." just started it, a swedish author that i am not familiar with. translated from the swedish version. hard to get into.

FYI - Babe, that is the third book in a series. "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" is the first and "The Girl Who Played With Fire" is the second.

Back
Top Bottom