Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
didya know, bradbury's fahrenheit 451 is now available as an ebook! as a rule, i don't do a lot of rereads, but fahrenheit is one i look forward to reading again. wonder if there will be a dated feel to it....

I am very slowly memorized that book. Thanks for the heads up, I'm trying to get all my old standards on my Kindle. I bet the first 12 books I got were ones I have read over and over.

there was a time when i would have been content to just curl up and live inside kurt vonnegut's mind. just released: and so it goes: kurt vonnegut: a life. author's name is charles j. shields. i'm on it!

oucheee! $14.99 for the kindle book! but i gotta have it, christmas is coming....:)

Last edited:
i have been forgetting to post in this thread. so, to catchup. in the last month i have read, four books by Charline Harris. they are about vampires, werewolves, and shift changers. in some cases very funny, and in general is a different take on the current vampire wave.

also read" false testimony" by rose Connors, and" one for the money" by Janet evanovich.

as you know reading is my passion , so if i don't post here, you will know i am busy reading.

didya know, bradbury's fahrenheit 451 is now available as an ebook! as a rule, i don't do a lot of rereads, but fahrenheit is one i look forward to reading again. wonder if there will be a dated feel to it....

I never read it, but was lucky enough to hear it read, serial-style, by Bradbury on a middle of the night show on Sirius radio (don't have it any more and miss it). It was quite a treat.

as you know reading is my passion , so if i don't post here, you will know i am busy reading.

Books are so much more than a pastime, aren't they? Enjoyment, education, coping mechanism -- remember Melanie's "Wish I could find a good book I could live in" ? I've felt that way and been very grateful for the comfort of an engrossing book; and if it's really good, the more pages the better. :)

Just finished James Patterson's Run For Your Life about a minute ago. Now going to start the next one called Worst Case. I love James Patterson's books when I want some quick reading.

Books are so much more than a pastime, aren't they? Enjoyment, education, coping mechanism -- remember Melanie's "Wish I could find a good book I could live in" ? I've felt that way and been very grateful for the comfort of an engrossing book; and if it's really good, the more pages the better. :)

ah, melanie...look what they done to my song--such a plaintive, haunting sound she had...living in books is one of my most pleasurable pastimes. i loved melanie's candles in the rain album, would listen to it for hours--beautiful people, candles in the rain (lay down), citiest people....thanks tinlizzie, for bringing me a good memory today....:)

From what I've read of the reviews, "Food of a Younger Land" contains a number of recipes. For that reason, I'll probably buy the paper version. I've bought recipe books for the Kindle before, and I find they don't always translate well to the electronic format.

I find myself using audio books a lot these days. I don't have as much time as I would like for reading, so I download books and play them through my car's audio system. They make the morning commute go much quicker.

Of course anything with recipes doesn't translate well to audio books, either. :)

i have been forgetting to post in this thread. so, to catchup. in the last month i have read, four books by Charline Harris. they are about vampires, werewolves, and shift changers. in some cases very funny, and in general is a different take on the current vampire wave.

I finished rereading the first 10 recently. Going to wait on 11 until they don't want hard back price for the Kindle download. :ermm:

I finished rereading the first 10 recently. Going to wait on 11 until they don't want hard back price for the Kindle download. :ermm:

I can't get it on Kindle. It says not available to me...wonder if there is some Canada prejudice going on! (Edit: I just checked and it is now available again but holy crap!!! I'm not paying $18 for it)

I just finished another John Locke and laughed out loud. Then I read A Dozen Deadly Roses. Not a bad read for $.99. I'm going to the library to pick up a hold today, not sure which one is in.

I also finished Bonnie, by Iris Johansen. I thought it (finally) wrapped up that series nicely.

Last edited:

I can't get it on Kindle. It says not available to me...wonder if there is some Canada prejudice going on! (Edit: I just checked and it is now available again but holy crap!!! I'm not paying $18 for it)

They want $15US for it on the Kindle. The series is ok... it isn't that good.

I suppose I will wait a year.

I have two trips to make Wednesday and Thursday and was wanting something to read. So, a dear friend pops by with a package for us....his very first novel! I can't wait to read it! :)

I'm taking a break from the Rowan series by Anne McCaffrey. I'm reading The Gripping Hand by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle.

I'm reading a collection of short stories. "Whatdunit?" short story mysteries with aliens as the culprits. I'm not sure I will finish it...kinda dry. I will be going on a Clive Cussler rampage in the near future. Shrek keeps wanting to take books to the used bookstore and I haven't read them yet. My reading has been slowed down due to lack of attention...another fun symptom of peri-menopause.

I never read it, but was lucky enough to hear it read, serial-style, by Bradbury on a middle of the night show on Sirius radio (don't have it any more and miss it). It was quite a treat.
F.451 read by Ray Bradbury is available at Audible.com. I wonder if that's the same one you heard on the radio.
I love listening to books... I listen to books while cooking.

I'm back in Spellmanland (Curse of the Spellmans) with Lisa Lutz as she blazes a giddy trail into the second of the detective-family series. Quirky is definitely the word. And fun.

Food of a Young Land, a title from Aunt Bea I believe, is waiting in the wings.

Michener's Centennial, my purchase from the library sale for a buck, fills in the spaces. It's now working on the Colorado Native Americans, discovering the black stick that kills.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom