Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got a few on the go at the moment.

1. A Short History of Nearly Everything - Bill Bryson
2. Memoirs of a Holocaust Survivor - Icek Kuperberg (doing biography in book club)
3. Immortal - V.K. Forrest (Kindle freebie)
4. Plague of Secrets - John Lescroart (car book)
5. Stone Angel - Margaret Laurence (teaching this one)

Are you going to try calligraphy next?

I've been there and done that years ago. I would again except it would be wasted. I have nothing to use it for. It would be nice when sending out social invitations and for making placement cards, but I don't host dinners any longer. I don't believe anyone does, which is a shame. Dinner parties were fun! :)

I finished Lincoln Lawyer this morning, and bought another Karen Slaughter, Indelible.

See the movie, it is good. I am reading Connellys Fifth Witness now. He defends people that are upsude down with their mortgages because his criminal clients have dried up with the economy :)

Clara and Mr. Tiffany by Susan Vreeland. I have a love of glass, and I am really enjoying this novel version of biography. I went to the great museum in Winter Park, Florida when I lived in the area and this novel makes me want to go back, but life being what it is, the next time I'm in Florida, family concerns will probably over-ride the thought of a museum trip.

I'm rereading Craig Claiborne's autobiography, "A Feast Made for Laughter," (also has his top favorite 100 recipes). I read it years ago when it first came out (1982). Not sure what prompted me to pick it up again, but it's very interesting. He writes well, and lived a very interesting life -- right at the beginning of "Great American Food."

As well, his writing partner, Pierre Franey, was one of my esteemed mentors and teachers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom