Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Found it, got the app, got the account, bought Julia Child's "My Life In France". I am a happy camper!!!!

All this Kindle stuff was kind of stressing me out because I didn't want another techie device (that's for DH!). But this way my netbook is endearing itself to me once more....once hubby fixes it after he loaded a non-compatible piece of software that is!

LPBeier said:
Found it, got the app, got the account, bought Julia Child's "My Life In France". I am a happy camper!!!!

All this Kindle stuff was kind of stressing me out because I didn't want another techie device (that's for DH!). But this way my netbook is endearing itself to me once more....once hubby fixes it after he loaded a non-compatible piece of software that is!

Yay! That was quick, LP!

You're in for a real treat. That's a goodie! :)

I'm enjoying "As Always, Julia," the letters of Julia Child and Avis DeVoto by Joan Reardon. Julia shows us once again how outspoken she was. Loved that about her. You always knew just where she stood.

In the Still of the Night, by ann rule. one of her true crime. she goes into more detail than is necessary. find that kinda boring.

I thought crime stories always went into a lot of detail, to let the reader deduce things as they play out.
Been a while since I read a crime novel though.

I thought crime stories always went into a lot of detail, to let the reader deduce things as they play out.
Been a while since I read a crime novel though.

perhaps i should have said it another way. she will describe a relationship or scene in detail. then will do it again , not exact words, but exact facts later in chapter or beginning a new one. she writes only in primary colors, so to speak.;)

ooh... I hate that.
Kind of like TV nowadays. After a commercial they always have to back up a bit, like you forgot already.

your shrek is looking better and better....

He's okay for an Ogre...I kinda like him. I can let you borrow him...he eats, sleeps and watches TV, rarely drinks, smokes a couple of cigarettes a day and you can always find him...on the end of the couch. He is housebroken and has had his shots...:angel:

Just finished Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich, love her books! I used to read mainly thrillers but light reading is much more my thing since having kids.

You're in for a real treat. That's a goodie! :)

I'm enjoying "As Always, Julia," the letters of Julia Child and Avis DeVoto by Joan Reardon. Julia shows us once again how outspoken she was. Loved that about her. You always knew just where she stood.
Thanks, June! I saw the reopened thread about Julia's books and I had always wanted to read this one. I will look for the letters book next!

i've always admired julia for all the obvious reasons, but to now haven't read any books by or about her, and i'm ready. is my life in france a good place to start?

Back
Top Bottom