Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i've always admired julia for all the obvious reasons, but to now haven't read any books by or about her, and i'm ready. is my life in france a good place to start?

Yes, I am finding it a wonderful way to get away from my own hectic life and go along for the ride. She and her nephew did an amazing job on the book. I would definitely say it is a good one to start with.:)

Little Heathens by Mildred Armstrong Kalish A nice little book about Iowa farm life during the depression. This brings back many memories of growing up on a farm in CNY.

The Alice B. Toklas Cook Book Interesting look at daily life in the french countryside during the war.

I'm still on the Jakarta Pandemic, but I've read 45% of it in the last two days. It's not only picking up, I'm getting used to my Kindle.

Finished the new Tom Clancy novel, Life or Death, and I'm about half way into The Bourne Objective, Eric Van Lustbader's further adventures of Jason Bourne, started by Robert Ludlum, continued by Van Lustbader by permission, and totally destroyed by Tony Gilroy. The only resemblance between the Ludlum books and the Gilroy screen play is the three titles and the name Jason Bourne.

Salt by Mark Kurlansky. Came out in 2009; I like popular books to age for awhile before I get to them. If they're still being talked about, there must be something there. Plan to read his book Cod sometime.

Also in the middle of River of Darkness by Rennie Airth. Whoever it was that mentioned him in this thread some time ago, thanks a lot. Good reading.

Salt by Mark Kurlansky. Came out in 2009; I like popular books to age for awhile before I get to them. If they're still being talked about, there must be something there. Plan to read his book Cod sometime.

Also in the middle of River of Darkness by Rennie Airth. Whoever it was that mentioned him in this thread some time ago, thanks a lot. Good reading.

I loved "Salt" and "Cod." Now I have about 10 types of salt to get used up...and I'm on a low or no-salt diet:ROFLMAO:

Got a couple on the go at the moment. Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls, and Lost Souls by Lisa Jackson. One DTB, and one on Kindle.

I am reading an English mystery by Hazel Holt. I love her Mrs. Malory stories. I have read them all a few years ago and I am reading them again.

Do you have favorite books that you reread?

I am reading an English mystery by Hazel Holt. I love her Mrs. Malory stories. I have read them all a few years ago and I am reading them again.

Do you have favorite books that you reread?

Oh yes, I have stacks and stacks of books that I read at least once a year. I still manage to get a new one in there, every once in a while.;)

I read a few at a time, unless it is to good to put down. Just finished WARPATH by C / S Martin, Frank by J Kaplan and Steinbrenner by B Madden.

In the middle of Mannahatta by Sanderson, Mayflower by Philbrick and the 2010 World Almanac (I skim every page of Ref. Books./Cook Books. Not a single CALORIE.

started " she's come undone" by wally lamb. i really enjoy his writing style.

i'm reading and enjoying lamb's undone too. his existential style reminds me a lot of anne tyler - homesick restaurant, accidental tourist, etc. i get good suggestions for books from this thread, thanks. between this site and a recent ereader purchase, i'm reading more and better than ever!

i'm reading and enjoying lamb's undone too. his existential style reminds me a lot of anne tyler - homesick restaurant, accidental tourist, etc. i get good suggestions for books from this thread, thanks. between this site and a recent ereader purchase, i'm reading more and better than ever!

I love Wally Lamb. I know This Much is True is a great read as well.

Right now, I'm reading a PD James mystery and Buried Prey by John Sanford.

Back
Top Bottom