Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm reading The 5 Greatest Warriors by Matthew Reilly. I love his stuff, non stop action from beginning to end.

My son wants me to read I,Robot and Do Androids Dream of Sheep? also known as Blade Runner. I started I,Robot last night. He likes to discuss books after reading them and no one else in the family has read these books (though we have enjoyed both movies). A mother will always do things to encourage her kids!

My son wants me to read I,Robot and Do Androids Dream of Sheep? also known as Blade Runner. I started I,Robot last night. He likes to discuss books after reading them and no one else in the family has read these books (though we have enjoyed both movies). A mother will always do things to encourage her kids!

I've enjoyed those over the years...not to be a PITA (which means I will be a PITA:)), but...Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? By Philip K. Dick.

I've read the whole Robot series many times over the years, they are fantastic and I'm glad you saw the movie first.

Loved Pillars of the Earth, World Without End is good too. His most recent is even better Fall of Giants

Currently reading Dick Cheney In My Life.

Last edited:
I am now reading The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest.

Has it finally come out in paperback? I'm haunting the bookshelves to find it at Walmart, but the first two books I bought are paperback and I want a set.

I've enjoyed those over the years...not to be a PITA (which means I will be a PITA:)), but...Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? By Philip K. Dick.

I've read the whole Robot series many times over the years, they are fantastic and I'm glad you saw the movie first.

Yes it's the Philip K. Dick book. I was working off of my memory. That title always makes think of Adidas (all day I dream about soccer) and want to make it into a word or something and then I invariably forget part of the title!

Still trying to find time to finish "And the Sea is Never Full" by Elie Wiesel. It's the 2nd half of his autobiography. The first half read much faster.

I really need to get an iPad.

Barbara said:
Loved Pillars of the Earth, World Without End is good too. His most recent is even better Fall of Giants

Currently reading Dick Cheney In My Life.

Oh I really want to get Dick Cheney's new book.

Since injuring the elbow about a week ago I've read Mansfield Park, Demonsouled, Horker's Law, the short stories Beauty and the Beast, Tempting Yerva, Delightfully Twisted Tales Volume 4 (a collection of 4 short stories), and parts of (two or three chaptera of) Emma, A Princess of Mars, The Count of Monte Cristo, Heart of Darkness, and The Black Arrow.

Still trying to find time to finish "And the Sea is Never Full" by Elie Wiesel. It's the 2nd half of his autobiography. The first half read much faster.

I really need to get an iPad.

I just finished his Night-Dawn-Day trilogy. I'm not familiar with his other books. Are they as depressing? I felt so sorry for the man in his trilogy and his preoccupation with death.

sorry, i tried to like elizabeth peters' the golden one (amelia peabody)--but just not my cup of tea, i guess. peters seems a fine writer, but her style is too formal and quaint for my tastes....ken follett's pillars of the earth--a happy surprise--thanks, alix, for pushing this one! i especially like when he writes about building construction, cathedrals, architecture--a finely crafted book, and nice and loong.:) don't know where to start, what to say about accordion crimes. annie proulx is simply brilliant!! her descriptive powers are breathtaking and mesmerizing, and about the only thing that kept me reading through many lengthy, dark, deeply disturbing accounts of human suffering and carnage. this book is a relentlessly depressing treatise of the human condition, as it follows generations of hapless immigrants repeatedly thwarted in their attempts to assimilate into a rigidly prejudiced american society. a musical thread is provided by a little green accordion as it bounces across the country and a span of 100 plus years, bringing brief glimmers of respite through music at times, but brutal endings to each successive accordion owner. this book has been a love/hate journey every step of the way for me. only proulx's captivating vignettes kept me coming back. forty pages still remain--certain parts of this book will remain sharply embedded in my memory banks forever. i will, i must read more proulx, god help me....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom