Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GB: Hello, remember me? Guess I have scared everybody away with my stories.

About Jimmy Buffett, Where is Joe Merchant? How do you download it? Do you have it on some kind of computer document or something? Since I know how computer savvy you are, I would appreciate you telling me how you do it? The library doesn't have the book. Will I have to go to bookstore for it?

Thanks

a used copy of buffett's joe merchant can be had for four dollars on ebay--tax and ship included. other buffett reads as well....

Decisions, decisions... I finished Jimmy Buffett, and have several new books as well as a good size pile of unfinished ones.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've put a couple of the author's books in my wish list to remember them for a future order.

Waaaay too fluffy for me, too. But, Fred, if you would like to venture into another "other world" kind of story where unusual creatures are thrust into our world, you might check our the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson. I was captivated by the first book and nearly ate the rest and I'm hungry for him to write more.

One of the things I appreciate about this batch of Patterson's writings is that he paints wonderful pictures in my head as I read, which I view as good writing.

Check into them. You might be pleasantly surprised and...hooked.

Oh yes, The Maximum Ride is a good series.

It seems like the Scandinavians have the corner on murder mysteries lately. I didn't care for "Hornet's Nest" (in fact, didn't finish it; too much Cold War politics, although I reserve the right to try again when I'm in a different mood!). The last Scandinavian mystery I read was set in Iceland, although I think the author was British. Can't remember the title/author, but enjoyed it. Next in that genre is Hakan Nesser, The Inspector and Silence. I've read a couple of his other books, I think.

I received The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, but realized I'd forgotten exactly what had been going on, so I'll just go ahead and re-read the first two books before tackling Hornet's Nest.

I am finding that Hornets Nest does a very good job of recapping what happened previously. I would even go as far as saying that you could read Hornets Nest without ever even reading the first two.

I am finding that Hornets Nest does a very good job of recapping what happened previously. I would even go as far as saying that you could read Hornets Nest without ever even reading the first two.

Thanks. I'll try it.

I started reading Hornet's Nest, but received my order for the first two books of the Twins of Petaybee, (Anne McCaffrey and Elizabeth Ann Scarborough) and made the "mistake" of looking at the first page... I'm now already into the second book. :LOL:

The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest turned out to be a hard bound book, so it's now sitting on my desk for reading. It's just too heavy to read sitting in the recliner.

I just read "Unbroken" a great book. Also just finished " Sarah's Key", wonderful and Jaycee Dugard's memoir "A Stolen Life"...heartbreaking. Have to get to the library today.

ken follett gets a big, solid b+ for his pillars of the earth. certain sections of this book had me absolutely enthralled, particularly the cathedral-building portions. it is a daunting challenge to direct and modulate a saga of this magnitude, and follett has produced an ambitious and creditable work in pillars. i am now looking at a compelling account of a man and his family, living with his condition--a very broad-based amnesia, subsequent to a head injury he sustained three years ago. the book is my life deleted, by scott bolzan.

Back
Top Bottom